Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else completely turned off by tab sleeves? And someone needs to rethink those d&co. colors.

I didn't like the ""pressed down"" ones from the 60's.......but I think the current tab sleeves are kinda cute!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Re: Is anyone else completely turned off by tab sleeves? And someone needs to rethink those d&co. colors.

I feel so negative---dislike the whole D&Co line. and I've never even liked the Ralph Lauren roll tab sleeves. Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

I just want to add: I do have a bright pink/coral silk summer top---and a lime green silk lace skirt for summer. Smiley Happy))
Super Contributor

No, do not like tab sleeves at all.
Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, I don't care for tab sleeves, or 3/4 sleeves either.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

On 3/11/2014 house cat said:
On 3/11/2014 magicmoodz said:

I don't mind tab sleeves on fabric like silk where you can't actually roll the sleeve. Instead it creates a ruched effect--if that makes sense.

I agree that, with the exception of white, the colors offered were very Crayola.

Now if I were you, house cat, I would start ducking, because you blasphemed a QVC house brand. Kiss

You probably know that I'm the poster girl for D&co elastic waist pants. I'm not ashamed to say that there are a lot of things about this brand that I absolutely love. The colors, though, are a turn off for many of us.

While I was watching, they presented some walking shorts. Those colors were very nice.

I don't know who many of us are, but last time I looked they sold about 50,000 of these sets, so the small group of posters on the forums must not represent who the "us" is your are referring to. I like bright oranges and lime greens for summer, they look spectacular with tanned legs and arms. As for pastels, meh. Too washed out and do not look good on many people IMO. They tend to wash out the complexion color. I don't buy D&C (or much of anything from QVC for that matter) but your statement does not reflect their buying audience.

BTW, that dress Antonella was wearing is something I would buy, but I know I can find one similar at Kohls or Burlington for half the price. The model Colleen looked fantastic in the olive green one.

Super Contributor

I'm not completely turned off by tab sleeves. I used to really like them a few years ago. I just think they're being overdone by now. Old news.

As far as colors, I agree with the posters who prefer more sophisticated colors and I imagine I would be buying quite a few things if Denim & Co offered more neutrals or subdued colors. Maybe it's good for me that they don't, lol. I'm not a Crayola person. Never liked being a neon sign when I walk into a room. It seems to me that the neutrals always sell out first in any line on QVC so I wonder why they don't bring in more.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for roll tab sleeves. I can't speak about the TSV colors because I never looked that far. As soon as I saw what it looked like I had no reason to check the colors. I'm sure someone liked them.

Honored Contributor

I liked the colors of some of the D&C TSV. I like bright colors for the spring and summer.

I'm not a real fan of tab sleeves, especially on that shirt and any tab sleeves I do like, I prefer to be longer and not a crisp, folded edge. I have a tab sleeve shirt from NY& Co that is several years old but the tab holds up the front side only and the back of the sleeve slouches down.

I did read something pretty funny yesterday on the TSV thread about tab sleeves making your waist look thicker. That had me SMH. I mean really. Sorry but a sleeve length isn't going to do anything for any other part of your body but your arms. I remember Judy Crowell used to insist pushing your sleeves up was slimming. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Oy, the foolishness some people come up with.

Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2014 house cat said:

I don't like pastels either. I would have purchased today's TSV if it came in muted tones like olive, grey, khaki or wine, maybe. I'm really sorry to express my opinion and hurt someone's feelings, but the colors they use look juvenile to me.

No offense but those are drab, fall/winter colors. I don't wear those colors in the spring and summer and I don't see a lot of others who do either.