Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Ultrasuede still in style?

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

Dress for Success won't accept clothing styles that are outdated. imagine sending a young woman to an interview wearing an oversized blazer with shoulder pads and pleated cuffed pants

What you say is true about organizations which need professional clothing to give to women starting over with nothing.  I never donate anything which I wouldn't wear myself (this is my rule when cleaning out closets), and didn't think about making that point. Thanks for the reminder.  I should have mentioned that in the case of my mother, she was extremely fashionable and her wardrobe was primarily current styles.  The older pieces were classic wool menswear cut blazers, trousers, and above the knee length skirts (mom had great legs), sheath dresses, cardigans which can easily be made to look like they were purchased last week with the right accessories for a woman of any age.

Valued Contributor

I sold my mom's at a consignment shop. You don't get much but at least something.

Honored Contributor

I don't think ultrasuede is out of style - everything seems to be faux now - suede, leather, silk, etc.  It would depend of the style and cut of the garments.  I think an ultrasuede suit would be a bit much but maybe a skirt with a jean jacket, etc. 

Respected Contributor

I have a brown ultra suede skirt suit that I still wear. It's one of the few "faux" leather items in my wardrobe. Don't see any of it going "out" of style for me anyways.