Honored Contributor

Re: 😿 Is This Just Another Sad Sack? 😿

This reminds me of a tee that grew.  I can see a lot of ladies that will find this style perfect for everything.  It would just "work".Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I really like the dress and you could dress it up with belt, scarf or multi- layer necklace. I love the color of the dress; I ordered the D&C sweater in Antique Rose. It's a lovely color.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

If YOU don't know then who are we supposed to ask??!

😘

Honored Contributor

I have a couple similar to that that I got at LandsEnd .... t-shirt dresses.  

I got them a long time ago and they are a bit too short now for me to wear "outside."  I wear them around as house dresses.

Honored Contributor

Looks frumpy. Isaac's essential dresses are my favorite.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Sweet_Serenity.  Looks frumpy.  If the model were standing facing straight-on with her arms at her sides, it would look shapeless.  Besides, with it being cotton, there's nothing in it to keep its shape and would just "grow" as well as wrinkle by the end of the day.  A touch of spandex would make a difference.  Also, there's shrinkage to worry about when washing.  It would be a no-go for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I agree with @Sweet_Serenity.  Looks frumpy.  If the model were standing facing straight-on with her arms at her sides, it would look shapeless.  Besides, with it being cotton, there's nothing in it to keep its shape and would just "grow" as well as wrinkle by the end of the day.  A touch of spandex would make a difference.  Also, there's shrinkage to worry about when washing.  It would be a no-go for me.

While I wouldn't quibble with the possible problems associated with 100% cotton, this dress appears to have a fair amount of shaping to it. It is listed as "fitted" in the description, and the photos of it on Amy look as though it follows along her curves quite well, as opposed to being big, boxy, and  shapeless. With its scooped neckline, I wouldn't call it frumpy -- it just looks like a basic to me. 

ETA: I also noticed that the color isn't New Antique Rose, as I assumed. It is called Heather Rose, a color I hadn't seen before.

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo,

Well said, Lola is our number one fashionista. Love the color but it seems too plain and might be boxy. Accessories might do the trick🌻

Honored Contributor

GAP has this one on final sale, in petites.

product photo

product photo

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I have a couple similar to that that I got at LandsEnd .... t-shirt dresses.  

I got them a long time ago and they are a bit too short now for me to wear "outside."  I wear them around as house dresses.

@ALRATIBAThat is where I bought mine too.