Esteemed Contributor

Is This A New Fashion Thing?

First, I was never, nor will I ever be on a fashion magazine cover.  I always tried to look nice and wear what flattered me.

Yesterday while out I saw a middle age woman wearing khaki colored shorts, shorter than bermuda length, with dark green tights.  It was not shorts weather, very cool, cloudy and raining. My thought was if it is warm enough for shorts it is too hot for tights. Cool enough for tights, too cool for shorts.  It looked odd.

Is this a new thing?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is This A New Fashion Thing?

I'm not sure seeing something once constitutes "a new thing."

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

First, I was never, nor will I ever be on a fashion magazine cover.  I always tried to look nice and wear what flattered me.

Yesterday while out I saw a middle age woman wearing khaki colored shorts, shorter than bermuda length, with dark green tights.  It was not shorts weather, very cool, cloudy and raining. My thought was if it is warm enough for shorts it is too hot for tights. Cool enough for tights, too cool for shorts.  It looked odd.

Is this a new thing?

@CrazyKittyLvr2    I sure hope not.  👀

Respected Contributor

I wear running tights under my golf shorts/skorts when it's cool outside, as do many of the women at my golf course. Whether or not it's a fashion "thing" isn't something I've ever given a passing thought. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen that from years ago and I don't know that it ever left. So it's not new.

I think I probably wore my tights under jean shorts when younger.

Or what's old is new again.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Not that new.  But not tights.  Fishnet stockings or see through stockings. This I can see.  

Pin on My Style

Sometimes on Camupus (a year ago at least)

houseofroseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/...

I like the fishnet ones.  Somestimes they are cute with very short shorts. They're basically call girl get ups.

Esteemed Contributor

These weren't fishnets, they looked like thick tights, and the shorts were mid thigh.

Honored Contributor

Around here I see women wearing leggings under shorts. I think their leggings are the compression type worn for exercising. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

These weren't fishnets, they looked like thick tights, and the shorts were mid thigh.

@CrazyKittyLvr2,

This is how I  remember wearing them with tights and shorts long ago.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jogging shorts and tights, only seen on cool days,  are frequent attire for female joggers in my neighborhood.  Normally, they don't wear tights with shorts.  

See the source image