Honored Contributor

Is There One Vendor You Tend To Buy Coats From?

Almost every coat I have bought from Q is Dennis Basso.  I just love his designns!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is There One Vendor You Tend To Buy Coats From?

I have to try coats on.  I ordered one DB years ago and I should have sent it back.  Right now my favorite winter coat is a Kenneth Cole because it has a 2 way zipper, a must for me and very hard to find.

Honored Contributor

I have two or three beautiful DB coats, and I use them every winter but my favorite manufacturer for a truly serious winter coat (I'm in a truly serious part of the country) I choose Carhart coats and they have to have a hood~!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I like Lands End and Talbots for coats.

Respected Contributor

Pendleton or Talbots.  

Honored Contributor

Sundance, Dennis Basso, Northface, LLLemon, Lands' End

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have two winter coats from Dennis Basso.  Very warm, too.  One spring coat from Susan Graver.  I might have bought Susan's TSV the other day if it had come in petite sizes.  I could tell the sleeves were going to be too long with no way to roll them up and get away with it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love the Denim &  Co.  bonded fleece coats.   They look good,  are very warm and wash beautifully.   Mostly our daytime winter weather just requires a jacket,  we do get some very cold windy days too which is when I wear my coat. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I have the exact same problem! I must get petite sizes in coats in order for them to fit right and for the sleeves not to be a mile too long. That's why I really like Lands End for most of my coats. Talbots is very good, too, for petite.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361, Yes, we really have to be careful, don't we, lol.  Of the Basso coats, one actually came in petite.  The other one was reversible, so I simply rolled the sleeves.  Susan Graver coat was reversible, too.  But you get tired of having to get coats with roll up sleeves.  And those that say simply get a tailor should realize the expense of that.  Had I been smart, I would have been a seamstress and saved myself a lot of money, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)