Respected Contributor

Re: Is There A Season You Find It Hard TO Dress For?

Summer , at least HUMID  summer. I cannot wear anything but cotton then. I almost die (?) wearing anything with even a % of spandex. Vendors -do not lie to me and say a little helps .  May as well be duct tape. Also my legs are not what they used to be , but I wear modest shorts anyway and figure if anyone is offended they can turn thier head. 

My favorite seasons are fall and winter when lumps and bumps can be covered by thick materials. A little spandex or knits can be comfy then. As far as color I do not pay much attention --just wear what makes me happy .

Respected Contributor

I am NOT a fan of summer or summer clothing....much prefer Fall and Winter.

Honored Contributor

I don't find it hard to dress for any season. 

I admit to hating winter, but that has nothing to do with finding it hard to dress for it.

Respected Contributor

It used to be difficult for me to find decent spring & summer clothes but plus size fashion has gotten to the point where they're offering more stylish options in clothes and sandals. Fall & winter were easy breezy and continue to be. 

Transitioning is a bit more difficult not because of colors, as most shades I look decent in except true orange and neons. It's mainly because of weather. In Maryland we can go through many different temperatures in a day during any of the seasons so in the morning you're wearing a sweater and pants but have to change into a T-shirt and shorts or cropped pants in the afternoon. I remember one day where it started out seasonably cool and and sunny and then by mid afternoon it was cold and snowing so hard they shut down work! 

Honored Contributor

I feel better in fall and winter clothes.  I do not like sun exposure and if I dress for summer  I have to cover myself where exposed...  with lots of Sun Screen..... hate that.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I feel better in fall and winter clothes.  I do not like sun exposure and if I dress for summer  I have to cover myself where exposed...  with lots of Sun Screen..... hate that.  

@SeaMaidenITA about sunscreen . I have forgotten to use it probably half of the time and regret it . 

Advice and reminder to all ages ,but especially younger than me (geezer) -- use as good of quality cream /sunscreen on your decollete/neckline  as you use on face. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few extra pounds so I find summer clothing extremely difficult for me.  For the Fall & Winter, I can cover up more although I don't think I'm really fooling anybody.  LOL!  As for color choices, I wear the colors I like and don't pay attention to the color wheels or "seasons".  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

It is not difficult for me to dress for any season. I have pieces I love to wear in warmer weather and pieces I love to wear in colder weather. I also have transitional pieces and pieces that can be worn in any season. I have plenty of choices for putting together outfits all year long. 

Respected Contributor

Early Spring when warm coats are still needed and boots but look out of place with spring outfits.

Transitional seasons - September/early October with cool mornings that heat up and become humid mid-day.

September was always my work wardrobe challenge.  

Honored Contributor

Winter. It’s hard to look good when you’re all bundled up, just trying to stay warm!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~