Honored Contributor

Is Plus Sizing the Same at HSN as at QVC?

I used to order clothes form HSN when I wore a smaller plus size. That was some years ago. I am a 3X here with denim and Company. Feedback from any plus size ladies is appreciated. Thanks.
Honored Contributor

Re: Is Plus Sizing the Same at HSN as at QVC?

I think they run smaller, they might be a 14-16 not a 16-18 like they are on QVC

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I think it depends n the designer.

I usually wear a 10-12 medium in brick & mortar stores.

I bought size 10 Diane Gilman jeans. After 10-15 minutes of wear, they literally are FALLING off of my body. I can't even wear them for gardening. They actually fell OFF my hips the last time I tried to use them for yard work. They are going to Goodwill this week. They are also cut differently in the front & the back. The front has extra material and is higher (maybe for people with a tummy?) The back is low.

I downsized to a 6 (yeah, like I REALLY wear a 6!!!) and they fit perfectly.

So if you need jeans, Diane Gilman superstretch is for you! Especally if you have an apple shape.

Esteemed Contributor

Just like at QVC the fit depends on the designer/brand.  Take Diane Gilman for example.  One who really wears anything smaller than a 6 probably will find everything too big.  I would go so far as to say that Diane's line (overall) runs larger than D&C.  I am a numerical 0, but some D&C XXS does give me a relaxed generous fit which doesn't feel overwhelming.  Everything I've ever tried on in DG2 does not look relaxed and generously cut.  It simply looks two sizes too big size.  Antthony is another HSN designer whose line tends to run similar to D&C in fit.  

The HSN lines I like because they tend to run closer to (usual) brick & mortar sizing in the better boutique type stores (such as Anthropologie) and higher end department stores brands are Hal Rubenstein, Twiggy, and Guilianna Rancic.  In the you just have to try it on yourself and see is Tiana B.  which has rather inconsistent sizing.  

Valued Contributor

Mindy, I'm a 3X on top and 2X on bottom. Unless HSN has changed since last I ordered from them, they are different. They quote their 3X as being 24/26, whereas QVC's 3X is 26/28. If you are in the smaller range of the QVC 3X, you should be able to order most HSN. However, if you are looking at Diane Gilman jeans versus Denim and Company, there is a big difference in fit. IMO, the DG jeans are much smaller. I have to order up a size in that HSN line. They do post the measurements, so I would suggest looking at your favorite D&C style and select a similar item on HSN and compare the measurements.

Honored Contributor

HSN sizes run smaller.  They size more like brick and mortar from their missy sizing to their plus sizing.  Your best bet though is to check the measurements.

But as an example, a QVC medium is a 10/12 and a HSN medium is an 8/10. 

Honored Contributor

diamondscribe, you are more my size. That's what I think when I look at HSN. I think they used to have more vanity sized lines than they do now.
Honored Contributor

HSN's sizing is not the same as QVC's. Regardless of the size.

I am working my way through sizes and I wore plus sizes for many years. I have had pretty good luck ordering from HSN. I always check the size measurements and also the garment measurements. Using both helps me decide on the size to order. 

I highly recommend checking borh charts every single time you order something. It helps eliminate surprises later. 

Garment measurements are worth their weight in gold. 

Respected Contributor

HSN sizing is different that QVC sizing.  QVC plus starts at 18-20, HSN starts at 16-18; so the X sizes run a little different.  Use the size chart and you won't have any problems. 

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I think it depends n the designer.

I usually wear a 10-12 medium in brick & mortar stores.

I bought size 10 Diane Gilman jeans. After 10-15 minutes of wear, they literally are FALLING off of my body. I can't even wear them for gardening. They actually fell OFF my hips the last time I tried to use them for yard work. They are going to Goodwill this week. They are also cut differently in the front & the back. The front has extra material and is higher (maybe for people with a tummy?) The back is low.

I downsized to a 6 (yeah, like I REALLY wear a 6!!!) and they fit perfectly.

So if you need jeans, Diane Gilman superstretch is for you! Especally if you have an apple shape.

It really does depend on the designer!! (And does on the Q and everywhere else, too.) If you check the sizing chart, they measurements are very similar to the measurements here at the Q. That is, however, no guarantee that the item you're looking at will fit. Smiley Sad