Honored Contributor

Re: Is Liz Claiborne leaving QVC?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Xcel company is not the one who makes the popular leather jackets. That one was a company called Excelled and was very popular on evine at one time. They still sell the Excelled gloves though and they are very nice. I too was confused with the names Xcel and Excelled.Woman Happy

To piggyback on your post, I thought this might be interesting.

http://xcelbrands.com/who-we-are/about-us/ 

It appears it's simply a marketing conglomerate. The quality of their individual vendors would seem to be out of their hands.

Super Contributor

Well, that would explain Linda Davies transfer over to Northern Nights. I'm glad they were able to keep her...she's a terrific vendor!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

SilleeMee wrote:

Xcel company is not the one who makes the popular leather jackets. That one was a company called Excelled and was very popular on evine at one time. They still sell the Excelled gloves though and they are very nice. I too was confused with the names Xcel and Excelled.Woman Happy

Thank you for clarifying that.  I thought the Value Vision vendor's products had an E on the label, but these companies behind brand names do reincarnate themselves and tweak/change their name more than we know.  It all depends on on what even bigger conglomerate owns them. 

Honored Contributor

Most of their line did not appeal to me but I did purchase several cotton t-shirts and a couple of jackets that I like very much.  I will be sorry to see them go.