Respected Contributor

Re: Is Kathy Levin going to ShopHQ?

I do not know what Lisa is going to do but I would not assume that she is going to be a host at another shopping channel. I am sure that she has some sort of "non-compete agreement" for at least a year. I am thinking that she has been offered or is partnering in a business venture, probably having to do with beauty or fashion. I like her and will miss her but wish her all of the best. I have been shopping with QVC since the beginning but now I find the programming stale and the hosts pushy. Today the TSV is Wen, how much Wen can one have? My point is there are repeat themes on QVC, Wen, Calista hair tools, Dyson, Dell, Keriug. I think their programing has become stale and uninteresting. This week I sent back a product to HSN and they credited me with Spendable Kash for the shipping back because I used the HSN Card. When do you ever find a perk like that on QVC? QVC charges for the "insider magazine" so basically you are paying for a preview of what is on and may get an extra value pay, or a lower price on something that they are trying to unload quantity. What is that all about? QVC making more money. Listen to the hosts, each one says something to the effect like "we only have 2000 of these left and when they are gone, they are gone" trying to push us to an urgency to buy. Yes, that is their job but the hosting in previous years has been more informative than an urgent push to buy. I disagree with those that say ShopHQ is inferior and has poor products. I beg to differ on that, because I have received very pretty jewelry items, linens, and handbags at some very discounted prices with value pays. Not to mention Dimetri James and his wonderful Skinn Line. Many of us love and purchase Skinn. HSN has very good products, I love Korres and may other lines that they have. HSN offers variety, real clearance, and free or reduced shipping a lot as well as flex pay. So I used to be a QVC girl all of the way and now it is my least favorite shopping channel. We just went through Black Friday and Cyber Monday, what did QVC discount? Nothing that I could see. Their discount were adding easy pay to the regular price. I am sorry QVC but I am board with your programs. Your channel, in my opinion, is not top of the line anymore. I buy a few things but not much because I can get better deals, free or reduced shipping, and faster shipping and returns elsewhere.

Super Contributor

Re: Is Kathy Levin going to ShopHQ?

On 12/3/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I just can't see Lisa making the amount of money with Evine as she was with QVC. I could be wrong but I just don't see her going there in any capacity. What a major step down.

The entire undertaking seems very odd to me.

The announcement was that Pam McCoy is coming back on Dec. 12 and 13th with her furs. Kathy is going to be on occassionally with behind the scenes stuff, interviews, talk about her travels, trends, etc.

ShopHQ is going to transition into a name change of Evine Live.

I think it sounds completely ridiculous. I don't see how Shophq has survived this long. All their vendors I never heard of and I don't trust their products. The biggest name they have is Suzanne Somers and I wouldn't trust her on anything as we all know she doesn't have the best of reputations when it comes to honesty (allegedly)