Frequent Contributor

Is Denim & Co a Hit or Miss?

I used to be a huge Denim & Co fan.  Everyday I would go to new arrivals and filter to the new Denim and Co.  For the past year all my D&Co has been returned for either poor quality or sizing.  Trust me, I look at all the name brands and check the sizing chart since they are all different.

I know a lot of women love Denim and Co but honestly by the reviews of this line I also see a lot of disapointment.

What happened to the good old days when the host would say to size up or size down?

Return are so expensive I have resorted to saving all my returns for the month and putting them in a large post office flat rate box for chaper returns.  Trust me $17 is a lot cheaper than 6.95 for each item returned.  And don't get me started on the exchange program QVC has, by the time QVC processes the return the item has sold out.  They need to check into Amazons exchange program.

And why do I read so many reviews where women say they have either washed or worn the item and can't return it.  YES YOU CAN!!!

Quite honestly I think Denim and Co needs a new designer.  I know a lot of women love Gary but I feel he is out of touch with what women really what in fashion and material.

I am so tired of synthetic materals, where is the cotton for summer?  Think about it.  How many Denim and Co items from the past year do you really love???  I just went thru my orders for 2019 and I returned all Denim and Co that I ordered.  I kept 2 Du Jour Tops.  All my money went to Belle by Kim Gravel and her lovely slub cotton tops.

What are your feelings about Denim and Co?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Denim & Co a Hit or Miss?

@stateofmichigan 

I thought you couldn't return different items in one box to QVC?

Contributor

I love Denim and Co and Iam surprised QVC allowed you to put all of your hateful message on,

Honored Contributor

@songbird 

You can as long as all of the items in the box have the same return warehouse address.

For example jewelry returns go to a different return warehouse than apparel, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

MichiganLover I agree with everyting you said times TWO! I tried the return policy once, never again it;s a joke, and yes you are completely 1000% right they need to look at Amazon's return policy, IMHO the best in the industry.

And ABSOLUTELY you can return something if it's been washed, I've been a Q customer since 1996. With the shipping charges I really have changed my shopping habits with the Q, at least HSN still returns ALL your original shipping charges but I don't expect that will last forever and when they stop that they will have lost me as a customer as well!

Respected Contributor

D&C has definitely gone downhill.

Used to buy a piece here and there, now nothing for quite sometime.

One can find better basics elsewhere for less money and better quality.

I do not know how a basic line can go downhill anyhow

I guess cheaper labor, cheaper materials, boring designers - whatever... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Sis Phillips wrote:

I love Denim and Co and Iam surprised QVC allowed you to put all of your hateful message on,

@Sis Phillips 

Why???

If that's her opinion of declining quality with a brand why shouldn't she be able to say so, posts are opinions, that's how forums work.

I find nothing "hateful" in her post.

I've shopped here for 25+ years, bought a ton of D&C in the past, but I personally agree with her assessment, as to the current quality, fit and style compared to the past.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stateofmichigan , I could have written your post. I don’t even check the new D&C merch. anymore, I won’t even go into all of my reasons so I don’t risk being “ hateful” for having an opinion. 🤦‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@stateofmichiganI wear a lot of basics. I don't do many prints or trendy clothes.

I have worn D&C for years & years & I do love the quality of the clothing. The basic fit is perfect for me. I am short & fat, so an XL D&C top that is about 29" long with longer short sleeves (3/4 & long sleeves work, too) is great.

I love that they do fashionable basics with different necklines & trims (I have a v neck with crochet insets at the shoulders that I love & would love to have more colors, although I wear mostly black.).

I love their jeans. very comfortable & wear great. No baggy knees. No droopy bottoms.

The price of D&C seems to have doubled, which keeps me from ordering like I used to. I have to consider something for quite a while before clicking on buy, where I never hesitated before. And, then we all know the price to try it on is, at least, $10 so I have to be pretty certain of the item before I buy. 

So, I do wear mostly D&C clothes in my life because it works for me. Yes, I wish they were less expensive. 

I love the quality. I love the convenience. The prices are a bit higher than I consider "fair", but when I get my own shopping channel I will get to set the "fair" price myself!

Frequent Contributor

Nope, you can return as many items as you want in one box, I just put the return slip inside one of the bags, example if 2 tee shirts came in one bag and I am returning with a lot of other things I just put the return slip in the bag of one of the tees.

I have been doing this for a couple of years when the quality of items became poor and my returns became higher.

I have never had a problem with returns in one box and it's a LOT chaper Smiley Happy