It seems like there are pages of clearance items for Bob.  Is he leaving QVC?

Respected Contributor

Re: Is Bob Mackie leaving QVC?

There are clearance items for lots of items.  Why would you think that indicates he is leaving????   There are new items also.

Trusted Contributor

@1watcher wrote:

I was thinking the same thing and bet we are right  With over 50 as-is items and at least twice that many on clearance it appears to be a pretty good guess.  Whatever new was probably ordered months ago but I doubt he wil be here much longer.

He is such a gentleman and while I rarely purchase anything I like having a little bit of class on QVC.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I hope not. He has a nice line that seems to do well.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

It's June, for retail that's the tail end of the summer season.  They are cleaning out the warehouse for the fall & winter things.  A couple of the hosts have even posted about this recently (happens every year).  Retail has to stock up months in advance.   

There are tons of as is, last clicks, and clearance items for Susan Graver, and we all know she's not going anywhere.  Bob Mackie has lots of new items too, not just clearance.

Respected Contributor

I hope caarefulshopper is correct. I'd hate to see Bob go.... unless it is his decision.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@1watcher wrote:

I was thinking the same thing and bet we are right  With over 50 as-is items and at least twice that many on clearance it appears to be a pretty good guess.  Whatever new was probably ordered months ago but I doubt he wil be here much longer.

He is such a gentleman and while I rarely purchase anything I like having a little bit of class on QVC.Smiley Happy

I sure hope not, I have always enjoyed watching a Bob Mackie show, especially with a host like Jackie, presenting his creative designs and unique clothing.  Bob Mackie is the first "designer" clothing I ever purchased (in those days, they made blouses and tanks out of SILK  - not polyester).  

Bob Mackie is truly a kind gentleman, a very charming personality, he has a wonderful sense of humor.  As awful as the thought of Bob leaving is, I think Bob would be prepared -- given how radically different the line-up is now on Q, compared to when Bob first began his shows.  

I hope it's not true, but as you say, it sure does look like the "writing's on the wall."  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

One of these days Bob will leave QVC -   but not to head elsewhere in the shopping channel world.  Just to retire.  When that will be -  I certainly don't know.  I just hope he gets to choose and go his way, not someone else's.

Honored Contributor

It will truly be the end of an era when Bob leaves.  I imagine he gets plenty sick of flying to Philly.  Flying anywhere is such an unpleasant hassle these days and if you had to do it often, it would take a toll.

I also think women are not buying much glamorous glitter wear these days.  My favorite item of his has been his flower embroidered tees.

I hope he's not leaving as I love to watch him.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If you were to judge who was staying, and who is leaving by the amount of clearance items they have that would eliminate most apparel lines on QVC. I DON't think he's going anywhere until he wants to.