Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Belk a legit website? (clothing/beauty/home/etc)

Being from the South, I've been shopping at Belk since I was a little girl with my mom and grandma.  I've also made some online purchases in recent years.  No complaints.  Be sure to sign up for emails to get codes for even more discounts.

Trusted Contributor

They have been around for ages.  I recall shopping there with my Mom in the early 60's.  I would say they are equivalent to Sears, J.C. Penney.  I've ordered online from them just once, but it seems the order came quickly. 

Not sure about the rumors, but they could be one of the stores about to go out of business.  But, like I said, could be just a rumor.

Valued Contributor

I appreciate everybody's reply.  Thanks for the reassurance!  

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

They have been around for ages.  I recall shopping there with my Mom in the early 60's.  I would say they are equivalent to Sears, J.C. Penney.  I've ordered online from them just once, but it seems the order came quickly. 

Not sure about the rumors, but they could be one of the stores about to go out of business.  But, like I said, could be just a rumor.

Our Belk is head and shoulders above Sears, JC Penney, and Macy's.  Ever since Belk bought out Parisian, their merchandise quality and big brand names have significantly improved.  

Super Contributor

I frequently shop at Belk and have also ordered on-line.  No problem with on-line orders or returns.  I found some great buys at my local Belk last Thursday on some of my favorite brands (marked down 50% and an additional 50% off). 

Super Contributor

I never shopped at Belks until my recent move. I think it is fine and similar to a Macy's but not quite as good. My favorite dept. store is Dillard's. It's affordable and depending where you are has a nice inventory. The January 1st sale is wonderful. I hope to get to it this year again. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a town that has a Belk's as a flagship store where they feature big designers .   Not all Belks are created equally, depends on the demographics of your area.  With that being said I also use their online ordering and have never had any probem.  If something needs to be returned, I go to my local store. Love mine.

Honored Contributor

Belk is a very nice store, maybe a step below Dillards.  The group that bought them a year ago, wants to increase their fine brand offerings and is cutting services in stores such as removing customer service, gift wrapping, and free boxes with any purchase.

The web site is very secure and the company is even providing ordering terminels at intersections in their stores.

I've never had a problem with my orders.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

In our area, they are a cut above Macy's.