Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Still Buying Maxi Dresses ?

I prefer the midi length...own one...holding out for LDO's collection.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

I have 2 maxi dresses from Evine that I love and get compliments on every time I wear them. I won't be buying any news ones but I'll sure be wearing the ones I have when summer comes around!

Respected Contributor

I have four or five and I love wearing them to work in the summer with cropped short-sleeved open cardigans or a short jean jacket over them and a wedge sandal.

Respected Contributor

i have several, but i don't know if i'll buy any more.  i'll have to see what's out there.

Honored Contributor

I think they'll be around for a while let.  A lot of people really bought them for the past two years, and they enjoy that "flow" when they walk.  Also, ladies that want to cover a little "more"  wear them, although the light bottoms aren't the best choice.

Respected Contributor

i love my maxis because i can throw them on and not have to worry about my legs being too pale or properly  pruned (lol)  and figuring out which sandals look better

bummer...can't wear them until late May - they are all sundress styles

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 summer maxi dresses that I need to shorten before I can wear them as they are too long. I bought them on sale last summer and the summer before that and haven't gotten around to having them shortened. As they are knit material I don't feel comfortable tackling it myself.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

I have 2 maxi dresses from Evine that I love and get compliments on every time I wear them. I won't be buying any news ones but I'll sure be wearing the ones I have when summer comes around!

I love my Maxi dresses from Evine.  Sandraskates I also get compliments when I wear them.  I plan to purchase more.  I love maxis in the spring, summer or whenever the weather permits.  I love wearing sandals with them.  Evine has great specials.  I purchased one yesterday during clearance and it was $19.00 from Glitterscape.  My first one from that line.  When they present the new pieces I will purchase the TS, you can get really good pricing.  My favorite is One World.  But I like all the dresses I have purchased.  I really like the hi lo.

Respected Contributor

I have two that I purchased for a trip to Aruba a few years ago. I will probably still wear them this Summer but do not plan on buying anymore this season. I never thought of having them hemmed though, that's a good idea that another poster mentioned.

Honored Contributor

I have never seen anyone who looks good in a maxi. I know, I know you get lots of compliments but what is said when you walk away?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man