Honored Contributor

Is Anyone Familiar With Spartina Stores?

I have had an offer to work at a Spartina Retail store.  I have seen a booklet of what they carry, I see it as similar to a small store like Lilly Pulitzer.  The manager was very chrismatic and I liked her a lot.

Google says 1500 locations nation wide and there's one in Charleston, SC.

What was the store like?  Have you bought any of their clothes?

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Familiar With Spartina Stores?

I had never heard of Spartina 449 until your post but just browsed the website.  Some nice merchandise, sort of coastal preppy.  I’d say go for it, @ECBG.

Contributor

Spartina originated on a small island off Hilton Head Island, down here in South Carolina where I live...beautiful store, light airy and beautiful merchandise. their     handbags are what started Spartina and they are beautiful, pretty patterns. Very popular here around the islands!  It must be a lovely atmosphere to work in one of their shops!

Honored Contributor

@ECBGNever saw a store, but a wonderful little shop in my LI town carries some of their jewelry and handbags.  Lovely quality -  I've given their earrings as gifts.

Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Hi! I have never been to their stores, but I did order some Spartina 449 totes and handbags from Zulily a couple of years ago. They were excellent quality...more of a sturdy linen with leather trim. Very fun, colorful prints, too! Good luck deciding...perhaps a change of scenery would be good? Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have some sweet little Spartina cluthes and handbags.  Very pretty and good quality.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have had an offer to work at a Spartina Retail store.  I have seen a booklet of what they carry, I see it as similar to a small store like Lilly Pulitzer.  The manager was very chrismatic and I liked her a lot.

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I was thinking they were either based in Charleston or Outer Banks, am I wrong? Probably.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I was thinking they were either based in Charleston or Outer Banks, am I wrong? Probably.

@Nonametoday 

@ChanelNanny said they were from the coast, but not Charleston,SC.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Many thanks.Smiley Happy

@Nonametoday 

@ChanelNanny said they were from the coast, but not Charleston,SC.

@ECBG   Their items are very attractive and look very high end.  I love mine.  I have had some of them for several years and they still look so nice!  I think about the great times I have had while carrying them.

Honored Contributor

I've never been to a store but we have a few boutique shops here that carry the handbags and jewelry.