Respected Contributor

That is what my dryer is for.  And a quick hand to pull them out just when it stops, and a little damp.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Ironing Denim

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum 

One of the drawbacks of living in a post WWII Manhattan high rise apartment building - washers and dryers are in the laundry room.  Ironing board is in the bedroom.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

People still live in New York?   I thought everyone high tailed it out of there.

I can't even imagine going up and down floors to get my laundry done, I have to go down 11 stairs to the basement for my washer and dryer and I sure don't like it.   Would love to have a laundry area on the 1st floor.

Honored Contributor

I "think" I might have an iron....but haven't seen it in over 20 years

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Re: Ironing Denim

[ Edited ]

Dry clean all my jeans ...  I wear tall size so don't want shrinkage that I pay extra for when I purchase jeans, plus always get a center crease ... there is something nice about putting on clothes that are pressed ...

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

I live on the 10th Floor - we have elevators.  No steps at all.

Advantage:  multiple machines.  I can do several loads of laundry at the same time.

Respected Contributor

I use Magic Sizing for my cotton blouses. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is true and I will deny it 😁

Once on vacation, I really needed some clean clothes and sent my jeans to the hotel laundry, for a breathtaking price.

They came soooo sooo beautiful that I was too awed to put them on.  So dirty all the way home.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

That is what my dryer is for.  And a quick hand to pull them out just when it stops, and a little damp.  

@Bhvbum 

I let mine dry and then (while hot), iron them with my hand.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I "think" I might have an iron....but haven't seen it in over 20 years

@Desertdi 

Back in the day when my mother "made me" iron my boys' (and daughter's) clothes for school so they would not be thought of as "street urchins."  I was going to iron my daughter's clothes.  It's different with little girls. 

I recall Phyllis Diller saying she was 15 years behind on her ironing and I told my mother and she did not find it funny at all. 

She insisted I iron their clothes.  I taught them early how to iron.  Like my mother and my daughter, they like their clothes ironed, and I was a good teacher.