Honored Contributor

I iron my denim trouser jeans but not my other jeans. Sometimes I need to iron one of DH's shirts or a top of mine. I like to iron a center crease in each leg of our dress trousers, but we haven't been wearing them much since we've been home a lot wearing casual clothes. 

Honored Contributor

None of my jeans require ironing.  I haven't done that in years.  I take them out of the dryer., smooth them with my hands and hang them up.  Occasionally I iron the collar and cuffs on a more shirt.  

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

That is what my dryer is for.  And a quick hand to pull them out just when it stops, and a little damp.  

@Bhvbum 

I let mine dry and then (while hot), iron them with my hand.

LOL, if I let them dry, I wouldn't be able to get them on!

Honored Contributor

I always iron my jeans. I don't put them in the dryer.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I used to compliment a work friend's mom every time I saw her at a family gathering because as a Sr. woman she looked so pulled together.  She said once everyone thinks I have a lot of new clothes but they aren't new, I press them with Magic Sizing.  She even ironed her tees. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Bhvbum 

One of the drawbacks of living in a post WWII Manhattan high rise apartment building - washers and dryers are in the laundry room.  Ironing board is in the bedroom.

It's also bad for those of us living in Manhattan end of 19th century apartment buildings with laundry rooms in the basement.  I only learned recently in these boards how our sisters in more modern and spacious homes with their own laundry rooms eliminated their need to iron by popping things in the dryer.  I grew up in the suburbs with a big yard and my mom liked drying in a clothes line with natural sunlight, which I think is best for the clothing, not to mention the environment, and it has been apartment living for me since I left my childhood home.  So I pop out my ironing board too as needed.  Not ironing my jeans though.  I do air dry them still, hang them in the bathroom.  In my home in PR, a couple of hours, in my one window dark NYC bathroom, about a day.  Not a fan of what dryers do to clothes, in terms of destroying the fibers, but did not know that it would smooth out the wrinkles too.  Maybe an acceptable tradeoff...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ironing Denim

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

People still live in New York?   I thought everyone high tailed it out of there.

I can't even imagine going up and down floors to get my laundry done, I have to go down 11 stairs to the basement for my washer and dryer and I sure don't like it.   Would love to have a laundry area on the 1st floor.

@Just Bling We're here!  We're strong!  We ❤️❤️❤️ NYC!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

That is what my dryer is for.  And a quick hand to pull them out just when it stops, and a little damp.  

@Bhvbum 

I let mine dry and then (while hot), iron them with my hand.

Your hand must have special powers...

Respected Contributor

I always iron my clothes for work. I wear jeans so I do every week.  I do not dry my jeans but for a couple minutes in dryer and hang to dry so they need ironing.

I iron tops if need but some do not require much or if any.  

I find it relaxing where as years ago I found it a chore.  I watching QVC or Netflix when I iron.  Sometimes I come up with new combos to wear by watching and saying I have something similar to that but would do it like this.

Esteemed Contributor

Jeans are my uniform.....Woman Wink  I never dry them.  I always iron them.  I also never iron a crease down the middle.  I hate that look.  

I iron my DH's jeans and his cargo shorts.  I also iron his button down collar shirts.  When he worked, I took his shirts to be laundered, starched, and pressed.  They always looked so nice.  

I keep an ironing board up all the time....very handy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!