Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@gertrudecloset She is also among a growing number of biracial Asian Americans/Black  singers/performers such as HER and Saweetie making lots of strides in their careers.

@Zernia Rose Yes indeed.  H.E.R. and Saweetie too!  Let's not forget them.  Jhene has been around a little longer than H.E.R. though.  My son (in his 30's) put me on to Jhene years ago.  She's been doing her thing for a while.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset The young man who performed with Bruno Mars for the Grammys- a retro song reminiscent of soul groujps from the 1960s-- is also Asian American/Black and pretty popular in South Korea if I recall correctly.  The two have a long-awaited album. There are quite a few now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@gertrudecloset The young man who performed with Bruno Mars for the Grammys- a retro song reminiscent of soul groujps from the 1960s-- is also Asian American/Black and pretty popular in South Korea if I recall correctly.  The two have a long-awaited album. There are quite a few now.

Andersen Paak.  Have you heard his song with his group called "Come Down?"  It's a get up out your chair and move jam! @Zernia Rose 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Singer Jhené Aiko steals the spotlight in this incredible embroidered Iris van Herpen gown at the premiere of Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings in L.A.

rs_634x1024-210817161932-634-jhene-aiko.ct.jpg

Both the gown & she are lovely, but how can she walk with the gown so long?

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 likely the same way a bride with a train would.  It will trail behind her.  Surely you've seen long flowy dresses on other stars on the red carpet?  They manage fine.

I think you're allowed to gather it up and climb the stairs too.  

Here's another example of this common theme on the red carpet: