Trusted Contributor

I bet she'd fun to hang out with.

Respected Contributor

She's one spunky lady.  I love her vibrant blends in clothing and jewelry.  Sending major respect.  Heart

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

I think she's a hoot.  I bought one of her coats from HSN.  When I received it, it was really, really tight so I returned.  It is worth the sale price but not the full price I paid.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel fans?

[ Edited ]

I have to love a colorful woman who may pair a rare couture designer piece with a piece from a flea market.  On a promo she did for HSN, I've stolen the phrase she usde: "more is more and less is a bore."  

I highly recommend viewing the documentary about her.  It was originally produced for PBS, so you may find it on PBS.org, but it is also available through the various platforms we use to watch movies and television shows today (Netflix, HULU, Prime etc.).  I saw it on PBS POV, and again on a DVD borrowed from my local library.  

Honored Contributor

She's very interesting, but the weight from all those necklaces would give me a headache. (Really).

Honored Contributor

quote-you-have-to-be-interested-if-you-re-not-interested-you-can-t-be-interesting-iris-apfel-109-35-56.jpg (850×400)

pertinent to life in general

Honored Contributor

@1Professor & all Rare Bird fans - new items are posted. Iris will be the star on Thur The List shows, but also 2 addtl full hour shows on Wed.

Uodated Home Page

DG25559_030117_ComplexGrid_FH_IrisApfel.jpg

Love this new necklace set

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Multi-Shaped Tortoise-Color Resin Link 2-piece Necklace Set
529-146
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Tortoise-Color 2pc Necklace Set

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Lightweight Jacquard Printed Duster
525-355
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Jacquard Printed Duster

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Lightweight Quilted Owl Coat
525-356
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Lightweight Quilted Owl Coat

Honored Contributor
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Owl-on-Branch Multicolor Crystal Bronze-Tone 3-piece Pin Set
529-153
Rara Avis Owl-on-Branch 3pc Pin Set