Respected Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel coming June 13!

Thanks for the tip, @1Professor.  Iris is so fun!  I love to watch her.

Trusted Contributor

I think she's cute as a bug, but her style is not my style. For those of you who identify with her esthetic, enjoy!

Valued Contributor

I love watching Iris. Gonna have to tune in...such an inspiring and funny woman!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure most of you at some point have been asked the question of what celebrity would you like to meet.  Iris Apfel would definitely be at or near the top of my list.Woman Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vamp wrote:

I think she's cute as a bug, but her style is not my style. For those of you who identify with her esthetic, enjoy!

@Vamp: I thought that at first: not really my style. But then I realize her pieces are so well made and, alone, have a simple zen style I can rock. Such as this coat/jacket:

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-lightweight-quilted-owl-coat-d-2017021014311346~525356_KCX.jpg

Adore the simple no-collar neckline. Yes, you can pile it with necklaces (her style), but, alone, elegant!

And then, on the back, a quilted owl! Wearing whimsy.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure she's a wise and fascinating woman but the outfits?  ... Yikes, seriously gaudy and clownish IMO. 

Valued Contributor

Iris would be fun to talk with at dinner, but her style is too much like Betsy Johnson for me and I would tire myself out looking in the mirror if I wore her clothes.  

But you ladies, enjoy her show and I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

HAPPY DANCE!!!

I adore her!!!

Respected Contributor

I had hesitated on buying one of those chain looking necklaces of hers because of the price but I finally took the plunge and got one in a green color.  I got so many compliments on that one - even from my students.  But I don't know that I would wear multiples all at one time like Iris does.  But I do like her.  I hope I have as much spunk when I am 95!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor @Roni18 & all - 

1 hr Iris show tonight,  but I don't see Iris listed as attending Woman Sad hope she's just on vacay & doing well

Love this new tunic

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Border-Print Kurta Tunic
535-747
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Border-Print Kurta Tunic

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri