Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Iris Apfel Turns 99 Today

[ Edited ]

This is posted on her Twitter and Instagram

My old hourglass is doing just fine… Sand’s dripping away, arriving at ninety plus nine. Happy Birthday to Me, may I be of good cheer! To give thanks for thriving & surviving one hell of a year!

Egl1rVpWkAErVXA (1).jpeg

"Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn't be that women are the exception."-Notorious RBG
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel Turns 99 Today

Nice message.  May we all be well to this age.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Does she still appear on HSN from time to time?   I haven't seen her in a while.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@greeneyedlady 

Thanks for sharing this great lady’s birthday photo! Love Iris! She is unique and inspiring. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday, Iris.  AND many more!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

She is marvelous!  Such a joy to listen to to her in interviews.  Her sense of style is unmatched.  All the patterns, colors, styles, etc. would send me on a trip if I had to stay in the room pictured here. There is a documentary about her titled "Iris" and coloring books also.  She may be too avant garde for QVC but I would love to see her with Katrina Szish. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love her!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

She is amazing there is a movie about her life which really shows who she is

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I really loved what she said on one of her HSN shows----she remarked that she didn't follow trends, fads, or gimmicks, instead she designed what she thought would make women look their best....!!!!  BRAVO!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”