Honored Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel Shows - Overnight 9/27; 9/28: Jewelry 1 hour 6p + Fashion 2 hours 9p

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl @Andreatoo @Pearlee & all Iris lovers,

Just viewed the critter coats (as best one can without a video) and decided to order, instead, the all cotton quilted curry design coat; love it as shown with denim and turquoise!

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-mixed-pattern-quilted-coat-d-20170517142838953~535736_YDJ.jpg

@1Professor - Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

You need that new owl pin Woman Wink

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Owl-on-Branch Brooch

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel Shows - Overnight 9/27; 9/28: Jewelry 1 hour 6p + Fashion 2 hours 9p

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl & Iris appreciators:

styleiconirisapfel.jpg

When you don’t dress like everybody else, you don’t have to think like everybody else.

~Iris Apfel {my heroHeart

@1Professor - she's my inspiration! Just celebrated her 96th bday Heart

The world needs more Iris Apfels!!!!

Wish she could run/clean up this forum Woman LOL 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@1Professor  Just FYI, I love Apfel, esp. since the day I saw the documentary about her and also saw her in the doc about Bill Cunningham (that's another great documentary with great quotes about fashion.)

However, I do not watch HSN at all and never purchase anything from them any more.  They did something against their own policies regarding a return I did many years ago and I closed my account then and never purchased anything since, nor watched the channel.  So no Iris line for me from HSN.

Honored Contributor

What a cute velvet tote! At $60, this will fly...

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Velvet Owl Tote
576-413
Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Velvet Owl Tote

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl @Andreatoo @Pearlee & all Iris lovers,

Just viewed the critter coats (as best one can without a video) and decided to order, instead, the all cotton quilted curry design coat; love it as shown with denim and turquoise!

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-mixed-pattern-quilted-coat-d-20170517142838953~535736_YDJ.jpg

@1Professor - Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

You need that new owl pin Woman Wink

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Owl-on-Branch Brooch

@1Professorand @Chi-town girl

That jacket is lovely too!

As for owl pins they're the only Apfel I own!

Apfel owls.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo @Chi-town girl

My only "owl" is on the back of the cotton quilted jacket, which adore:

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-lightweight-quilted-owl-coat-d-20170210143055493~525356_alt5 copy.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@1Professor  Just FYI, I love Apfel, esp. since the day I saw the documentary about her and also saw her in the doc about Bill Cunningham (that's another great documentary with great quotes about fashion.)

However, I do not watch HSN at all and never purchase anything from them any more.  They did something against their own policies regarding a return I did many years ago and I closed my account then and never purchased anything since, nor watched the channel.  So no Iris line for me from HSN.

I couldn't help but notice the thread you started ... can't imagine Iris initiating or participating in a discussion to bash Meghan Markle or anyone for that matter for their fashion choices Woman Tongue 

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  I love this one!  Enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  That is an awsome piece!

Rara Avis Pyramid Bead 4-Row Necklace

Respected Contributor

I have my eye on this pin....  I just keep hoping it will go on sale!

Rara Avis by Iris Apfel VIDA Artist Series Crane Brooch