Frequent Contributor

I like the engagement and the advice I see on this forum, so I'd like to give this another try. Perhaps I'll start by posting a few collages of outfits I wore last week, when none of my outfits were themed to any holiday or special occasion.

Just some brief background, I am a paralegal. Most weeks consist of four days in the office with one work at home day. Most work at home days include a meeting with a client off-site, at a location the client and I agree to. Because the meetings are off-site, we're encouraged to dress somewhat mroe casually than we would for the office. Non-work days, it's whatever is appropriate for what I am doing. I'm out with my boyfriend most non-work days, so we'll agree on our occasion -- dressy, casual, or in-between.

Although I hope you all like my looks, style is individual, and there is no right or wrong.

I don't mind receiving suggestions, or constructive criticism, presented nicely, and I'm always willing to discuss where we may disagree.

Anyhow, a few outfits:

2023 02 27 Monday.jpg

I wore this to the office

2023 02 28 Tuesday.png

Work at home day, with a client meeting

2023 03 01 Wednesday.jpg

2023 03 02 Thursday.jpg

2023 03 03 Friday.jpg

2023 02 25 Saturday.jpg

I wore this on a Saturday with my boyfriend.  We went to a festival for the day.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and introduce my style.

Honored Contributor

Welcome, @Alyssa951951.  Great outfits!  You might ask the mods to move this post over to Fashion. 🤷‍♀️

Valued Contributor

@Alyssa951951, welcome! I'm not a fashionista by any means (I live far too boring a life to be one) but I really do like your style!

Honored Contributor

Hello!  I like your clothing selections.

There is a thread in the fashion forums...Outfit of the day.  You might enjoy posting your clothing selections on that thread.  Many women post what they wear, including jewelry.

Honored Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

[ Edited ]

I like your style. The only look I don't care for is the blue grouping with the dress. But that is personal preference, I like all of your other choices. Welcome, it's always nice to have new voices. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Very nice.  I like your colors.  You're invited to join us in "Outfit For The Day".  Unfortunately, Andreatoo passed but we keep the thread up.

Super Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

[ Edited ]

Hi Alyssa!

When I worked in a salon way back in the late 1980's I had my colors "done". The four seasons were represented as color palettes.

Do you have a warm skin tone? If your veins are greenish on the inside of your wrist, you do. If they are purplish, you're a cool tone.

The reason I want to know is I learned if a person wears a tone opposite their natural coloring, it can wash them out and actually accentuate dark circles under the eyes, etc.

So, I'd start with learning my "season" first. I'm sure you can find info on that online. There used to be a book back in the day called, Color Me Beautiful that was really good for teaching the theory.  (The first outfit was an Autumn warm palette, the second was a mix of Winter and Summer, the third appeard to be mostly Summer, for reference.)

Other than that advice to start with, I would say learn about different cuts of jackets, skirts, blouses, etc. that flatter your body type. YouTube has some awesome channels on that! I've learned that with my large chest, any type of pockets over them will accentuate them. (not wanting that in a professional setting!)

Respected Contributor

Love the outfits and colors!  I have a coat very similar to the one in your first pic. Is it Michael Kors?

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Fashion Forum! 

All your outfits look very nice. I like tailored separates so many of your pieces are similar to my style. I like your blazers and the green quilted casual jacket. My favorite look is the last one. I like the patterned sweater with the pant and jacket. 

Respected Contributor

@Alyssa951951 

Welcome!  What a nice way of introducing yourself.  Your outfits are all so cute.