Honored Contributor

Re: Intersting observation about outerwear in Holiday movies

@Shanus wrote:

On the rare really cold days here in NC, I have a black (surprised?) puffer coat w/ hood. Being petite, it makes me look huge! I never zip or button my coats anyway, but especially w/ this puffer coat. Leaving it open reveals I'm smaller underneath. I can see why actors would do the same.

@Shanus Come to my house.  You'll wrap up for sure!lol!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

On the rare really cold days here in NC, I have a black (surprised?) puffer coat w/ hood. Being petite, it makes me look huge! I never zip or button my coats anyway, but especially w/ this puffer coat. Leaving it open reveals I'm smaller underneath. I can see why actors would do the same.

@Shanus Come to my house.  You'll wrap up for sure!lol!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I saw a beautiful fireplace in one of the photos you posted here. That's where I'd be. Hot chocolate, please with mini marshmallows. Lol

Honored Contributor

Like others said - they dress actors this way to look fashionable.

It's quite cold here, I commute to work, I bundle up in a puffer coat, hat, scarf and gloves - whatever it takes to keep me warm. Not that it matters but I'm petite and I keep my coat zippered when outside. Everyone looks the same all bundled up. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

So you're willing to be cold so that people can see you're small under your coat?

Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do see lots of pretty and colorful wool coats, but I also see a lot of puffer coats.  Those are even sometimes in less than brilliant colors.

I'll be watching January 2020's Hallmark Winterfest to see how everyone is dressed!

Here's "Winter Castle" from 2019:

Image result for Winter Castle hallmark

"One Winter Weekend" 2018

This is the most warmly-dressed group I can remember.

item

and, from "Good Witch" - what puzzles me here is why these two characters often wear headgear so far back on their heads.  

Image result for good witch movies winter

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think I've ever watched a Hallmark holiday movie so I wouldn't have noticed.

What I want to know is how anyone can remove their knit hat without having total static hair.  I bought a really cute one in a cream color with matching seed pearls stitched into it but I'd have to leave it on when I get where I'm going or just have to reveal destroyed hair.

Honored Contributor

Another thing I have noticed-hardly anyone puts a coat or sweater on-just over the shoulders.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

So you're willing to be cold so that people can see you're small under your coat?

Woman Surprised

@QueenDanceALot   I'm not cold. If it's that cold that I need the "puffer", I usually have on a base layer and heavy sweater underneath. I'm sure if I were skiing or outside for a long time, the zipper and common sense would win out!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Because it's a movie, a fantasy.  Puffer coats make us look larger and they want the women to tiny,and svelt.  Also in the snow scenes, they wear fashion boots with 4 inch stilletto heels.   

i am not wearing a puffer coat ever......LOL.....not wearing ANYTHING with the name puffer attached.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@DLew wrote:

The coats are hardly ever buttoned. No one wears gloves, mittens, or hats. Scarves are fashionably draped, never wrapped.  ❄️🌬

That's me!  Wool coat, NEVER buttoned, hardly ever put on gloves (don't own mittens) and no hat.  Also, no sox!  LOL!!!

i dont button either......rarely put on gloves, no mittens, and every so often a hat if i am outside for an extended period of time......i dont wear socks (only no show ones if i have on athletic shoes and i am walking.) i do wear scarves though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein