Trusted Contributor

Re: Interesting photo of the Queen

The Queen is a beautiful woman. 

Honored Contributor

I am thinking that the Queen's head was placed on someone else's body.  The Queen would NEVER pose in this stance.  Yes, she would smile but the hands in the pockets -- NEVER!  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The picture and the story are from the book: The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe by Angela Kelly.

It is a wonderful book with lots of photos and stories!  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am thinking that the Queen's head was placed on someone else's body.  The Queen would NEVER pose in this stance.  Yes, she would smile but the hands in the pockets -- NEVER!  Cat Mad

@Katcat1  It’s true and it is the Queen.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The picture and the story are from the book: The Other Side of the Coin: The Queen, the Dresser and the Wardrobe by Angela Kelly.

It is a wonderful book with lots of photos and stories!  

Yes, it was a real pose.  "It was Kelly who suggested the Queen pose with her hands in her pockets, with Her Royal Highness jumping on board almost immediately."

A slightly different one

Undated handout photo issued by Barry Jeffrey of Queen Elizabeth II

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  How do you know that it is true?  All these years, you have never seen the Queen in that pose or something similar.  I still believe the photo has been modified.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@shoesnbags 

the photo wasnt there for me either, but i posted the photo as an insert from a file.....see if you can see it on my post now.

Thanks @sunshine45 .  Yes, I can see it in your post. (In the OP, all I see is the word "Image" and it's not a live link.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  How do you know that it is true?  All these years, you have never seen the Queen in that pose or something similar.  I still believe the photo has been modified.

@Katcat1 It's IN THE BOOK.  There are a bunch of similar photos, the photographer's name and the whole story.  It is  not a fake photo. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1 It's IN THE BOOK.  There are a bunch of similar photos, the photographer's name and the whole story.  It is  not a fake photo. 

I was pleased to see her looking "human" and that her dress actually had pockets.

I found it amusing some people hought this was a fake phonto.  Here is the story from People  Magazine.

https://people.com/royals/the-story-behind-queen-elizabeths-most-casual-pose-ever-with-her-hands-in-...

Honored Contributor

I wonder what's next - the Queen slouching???