Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting article on Minimalist Fashion

@ALRATIBA

My feelings exactly!   I love clothes and I love excess!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Clothes thinning is an awesome activity. Living in a 4 season environment, I have more clothes to manage, but thinning out annually keeps my closet neat and orderly. Husband's clothes schtuff is spread over 3 bedroom closets - shared master - upstairs guest room - downstairs guest room. Oh, and sports gear in attic.

I believe the statement that we keep gravitating towards 20% of our fave clothes in closet and shoes and handbags. Admit to having ample accessories - great addition to a simple wardrobe.

Traveled for a month in January and had access to washer/dryer. I packed less than sis-in-law who visited us for 5 days. She's a notorious over packer. I remember being in Maui airport and transporting stuff from her overweight suitcase to mine. It's her thing but thrilled it's not my thing now. Freedom from stuff feels good.          

@jeanlake   Your SIL sounds like me.  I pack enough in case several people are there who are my size and they did not bring their clothes or in case some one tells me if I stay another month, I will inherit an island with a castle.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday I was going to add hubs to my vacation packing comment, since they're siblings and have similar traits, but I had already thrown him under the bus talking about his expansive closet space. Hubs said the difference between him and me is -- he gets on vacation and says -- now, what should I wear? He likes options. I give it a lot of thought pre-packing and only pack what I think I'll be wearing. I don't need options. 

I asked hubs and his sis how their parents packed on childhood vacations. They didn't fly. Just drove. Mom spread out a sheet in the trunk and everyone threw their clothes on the sheet. No suitcases, just a few travel make-up cases for personal items. Me too. I was speechless. It explains a lot, actually. Man Wink  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@Nonametoday I was going to add hubs to my vacation packing comment, since they're siblings and have similar traits, but I had already thrown him under the bus talking about his expansive closet space. Hubs said the difference between him and me is -- he gets on vacation and says -- now, what should I wear? He likes options. I give it a lot of thought pre-packing and only pack what I think I'll be wearing. I don't need options. 

I asked hubs and his sis how their parents packed on childhood vacations. They didn't fly. Just drove. Mom spread out a sheet in the trunk and everyone threw their clothes on the sheet. No suitcases, just a few travel make-up cases for personal items. Me too. I was speechless. It explains a lot, actually. Man Wink  

@jeanlake   Now that is a very funny story.  Your husband and Sil sound like me.  I just like to have lots of options just in case Vogue magazine wants me to participate in a photo shoot.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday So you're saying you're not going to change, eh? hahaha - you consistently make me grin. Thanks for the good endorphins. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau