Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting afternoon with a new item....

[ Edited ]

I think the OP was washing the item that fit and she was keeping.   It was a little confusing the way it was worded.

You can tell if an item was previously returned by the different item label.

A new item packaged at the factory has a rectangle label on the bag.  At the top left is usually the color/size.  At the right, the country of origin.  The item number is in bold print at the bottom.

If the item was returned by someone, the label on the bag is now a square.  The item number is at the top.  The print is smaller and not black bold.  Many times a worded description of the item is on the label.

If the OP has the bag, she can tell if the item was a return (and her possible soap theory is correct).  If it is a new item, that means it came that way from mfg.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I think the OP was washing the item that fit and she was keeping.   It was a little confusing the way it was worded.

A new item packaged at the factory has a rectangle label on the bag.  At the top left is usually the color/size.  At the right, the country of origin.  The item number is in bold print at the bottom.

If the item was returned by someone, the label on the bag is now a square.  The item number is at the top.  The print is smaller and not black bold.  Many times a worded description of the item is on the label.

If the OP has the bag, she can tell if the item was a return (and her possible soap theory is correct).  If it is a new item, that means it came that way from mfg.

@RespectLife   How in the world are we supposed to know all that?  I never heard of that.  I guess I am rather stupid.  The way I have known they were not brand new is that there is a smell of parfum, cigarettes or they are plain dirty.  I have received those too, and some with BO.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I'll try to find time to see where I put the bag and analyze it.  And bone up on labels for future purchases.   lol   

All I know is that thing was full of soap or that washer full of suds materialized out of nowhere.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Why did YOU wash it before sending it back?

I'll try to make things clearer in future posts so everyone can understand what I'm saying.

Honored Contributor

Where are the rectangles and squares located?

Trusted Contributor

@Tyak ...I’m no genius but for what it’s worth I understood exactly what you were saying. Many wash a new article of clothing before wearing.

Valued Contributor

i totally understood the post. it is maddening to get a return....on the other hand, they add so many chemicals to the fabric that who knows what will show up in the laundering. I think its better we do not know sometimes.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Where are the rectangles and squares located?

@Nonametoday 

The white labels are on each bag or box.

Each item has a label on it.  I am pretty sure the encoding in the label bars may have order ID info...since returns are rebagged and relabelled b4 they are sent out.

I clearly order too much that I know this!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tyak. New clothing often has a lot of sizing in it to give it body.  It's  possible the suds came from an overdose of that.  Very unusual situation.

That's my thinking on this, as well.

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.