Respected Contributor

Interesting afternoon with a new item....

[ Edited ]

I was all excited today, got 2 items from QVC.  One fit, the other goes back so I proceed to wash it and when filling the washer, I got a phone call and forgot to add detergent so when I heard it start to agitate, I went out to add it and low and behold, the washer was so full of suds from the 'new' item of clothing that after a couple  extra rinses, it's still full of suds.  Evidently, it was a return that someone had washed and I can only imagine the amount of soap they dumped into their washer by what I'm dealing with here.   (That was the only item in the washer, it was set for a mini load so I know it was the item from qvc.)  I haven't ordered clothes from here for 20 years. You're not off to a great start with me, qvc!  I never wash one item but I planned on wearing it tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Interesting afternoon with a new item....

So sorry!  I quit ordering clothes. 

Respected Contributor

I spoke to someone at qvc and they did take my complaint into consideration by offering a partial credit on the item.  Either that or I could have returned it but it fit and I like it so I chose to keep it.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tyak. New clothing often has a lot of sizing in it to give it body.  It's  possible the suds came from an overdose of that.  Very unusual situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wow! I can’t beliebe qvc didn’t notice that. I think after you wash something it would be used and wouldn’t be sent out to another customer like that. What a way to find out!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why would someone wash an item and not complete the rinse cycle leaving it full of soap?  How could they possible dry it sopping wet full of suds?  I would think you would be able to tell upon opening the item.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Why would someone wash an item and not complete the rinse cycle leaving it full of soap?  How could they possible dry it sopping wet full of suds?  I would think you would be able to tell upon opening the item.

I think they did spin it out but just had so much soap in the washer that soap stayed in the item.  Only thing I can figure out.  

Are there tags of some kind on items from qvc?  There were none on either item I received and it looked like the clothes were just stuffed into the bags they came in.

Occasional Contributor

No, no tags.  That was eliminated years ago.  There used to be a piece of tissue paper, but I'm thinking I didn't see that last time.

Honored Contributor

Why did YOU wash it before sending it back?
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA  That's what I was wondering. The  way the post reads it sounds like the OP washed the item that she was returning.