Honored Contributor

Re: Inspiration & Interpretation from my closet...

@MacDuFF 

MacDuff:  Loves fashion, loves to read, cranky back, and seeks distraction from the insanity and corruption of the current world

we could be twins!

@MacDuFF wrote:

Thanks ladies!

@Katcat1   I can manage about two hours or so of shopping twice a week or so.  Any longer than that and my back rebels against me.  I browse and sometimes buy online, but have drastically cut back on that.  I much prefer shopping in person.  My favorite thrift store is dangerously close to home...about a 12 minute drive.  But, I spend a lot more time daily with a book than with anything fashion related.

Fashion is a perfect distraction for me from the insanity and corruption of the world.  Plus, my Mom, four Aunts and four sisters were all interested in fashion...there would have been an irreparable rift in the family dynamics had I not been interested in fashion, too haha.

Agree with you about Target.

Hey @spiderw!   I wish that the waist smocking on the white blouse were an inch or two lower...I'm picky that way.  The only way I'd wear it (other than under sweaters) is with that scarf...the smocking placement seems glaringly obvious without the scarf (picky, picky haha).

@gertrudecloset 

@ROMARY 

@phoenixbrd 

@Enufstuff 

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF you look absolutely amazing!

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF

Agree about importance of smocking at waist/bustline, as if it's not hitting at right spot I can look a bit preggers. I do like how your white shirt looks with the pretty pink scarf, very pretty look.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF I like your interpretations better than the models.  You carry yourself so well and look in everything!

Esteemed Contributor

The cocoa version took my breath away!  Perfect in every way.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the size of that scarf. It does not cover up the entire blouse. I don't wear them but I like this one.

Why wear a scarf and no one can see what's underneath?

@MacDuFF  you look fantastic.

Respected Contributor

I like your looks much more than the original. You are such a beautiful and stylish woman!

Trusted Contributor

Hey, @MacDuFF .  I love your interpretation of the model's outfit with your "cocoa brown" sweater.  (I think you would be really good at naming colors for clothing. Is that even a real job?)

BTW, as much as I love when you wear color, I think white looks fabulous on you! It brightens up your face and is very flattering with your complexion.

I look forward to more thrifted outfits pics so keep posting.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd  

I could be one of the triplets. 

Valued Contributor

I love your look with the pink shoes, bag, and scarf.  Perfection!  I think I will try that with green.