Super Contributor

Inspiration & Interpretation from my closet...

Copied from PB for the Q fashionistas...

Here's another inspiration picture and my interpretation of it using items from my closet.

---

Hi ---   Answering your question from last week's FF thread...which reminds me to apologize (again) to all of you nice women for not being able to keep up with "stuff" like I used to. And I've been copying these PB posts to the Q, which may have been a bridge too far! Anyway, am I still loving my new "dad" jeans? So much so that I thrifted another pair (see below).

INSPIRATION...

As soon as I saw this pic, I knew I had all the style elements already in my closet...not exactly, of course, but enough to re-create this "look." I liked the outfit except for the cropped wide hem jeans and the heels...

I thrifted this blouse last fall and wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it, but, hey, a crisp white collared button front blouse is my summer uniform! But, how many do I need for heaven's sake? This one at least had some interesting detail (smocked waist and cuffs). So, anyway, I was waffling about it until I saw the inspiration pic...

White Kaari Blue blouse (thrifted)
Pink/light blue/white daisy Rebecca Minkoff scarf (Rack)
Light wash AG Harper jeans (old, Rack)
Pink Aquatalia loafers (old, Rack)
Pink quilted Vera Bradley tote (thrifted)

INTERPRETATION...

Kaari Blue blouse tucked in (thrifted)
A New Day cropped sweatshirt (Target called it "brown," but I call it "powdered cocoa" haha)
BP off-white baggy jeans (thrifted)
Round woven purse (old, beach boutique)
Eileen Fisher suede mules (old, "mushroom" haha)

BP is a Nordstrom in-house juniors brand.  These are a bit bigger than the Levi's Dads out of the dryer, but they grow with wear to an even bigger size, darn it.  I'm going to take them in and see if that works.  If not, no big loss ($5)...I can easily wear the Levi's instead for a similar look.

I honestly never even thought to wear the Kaari blouse under a sweater until I saw the inspiration pic.  I can wear this outfit around the house or out and about...I get a big kick out of this interpretation!

Hope y'all are well and looking forward to spring.  

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Inspiration & Interpretation from my closet...

Brilliant as always!

@MacDuFF 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF I have never met someone like you that loves fashion so much.  You must be a very thrifty shopper.  What are the average hours you spend shopping for clothes/shoes when you go out?  I think it is wonderful that you love fashion.  I like the cocoa top from Target.  I have found some cute pieces at Target but you just have to look for them.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like your interpretation better!!

You're an excellent stylist!

Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF   Your powdered cocoa interpretation looks better on you than the model's!

Honored Contributor

As always, enjoying the fashions and you look lovely in them!   I love the white blouse with the scarf, so perfect!  Fashion can be fun and you enjoy shopping and finding great clothes that match up and stand out!!!!  

The funny thing with me and fashion is that I didn't really put much into it until I was older.  I take more pride in what I wear as a retiree than I did at work!!!!  I guess I have more time to fuss and put into outfits.  

Thanks for the fun and up beat fashions , very nice choices!

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF  I also think that your outfit looks much nicer than the model's.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I like your interpretation better!!

You're an excellent stylist!

Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead.

She even gives us a whole outfit change (sometimes more than once) too @ROMARY .  Some people only change their tops and wear the same drab jeans/pants all the time.  MacDuff knows how to put her colors and pattens together.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

Thanks ladies!

@Katcat1   I can manage about two hours or so of shopping twice a week or so.  Any longer than that and my back rebels against me.  I browse and sometimes buy online, but have drastically cut back on that.  I much prefer shopping in person.  My favorite thrift store is dangerously close to home...about a 12 minute drive.  But, I spend a lot more time daily with a book than with anything fashion related.

Fashion is a perfect distraction for me from the insanity and corruption of the world.  Plus, my Mom, four Aunts and four sisters were all interested in fashion...there would have been an irreparable rift in the family dynamics had I not been interested in fashion, too haha.

Agree with you about Target.

Hey @spiderw!   I wish that the waist smocking on the white blouse were an inch or two lower...I'm picky that way.  The only way I'd wear it (other than under sweaters) is with that scarf...the smocking placement seems glaringly obvious without the scarf (picky, picky haha).

@gertrudecloset 

@ROMARY 

@phoenixbrd 

@Enufstuff 

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

What fun!

You have created an inspiring new game.  My clothes rarely work for such, but I’m going to try it soon.

I am so sorry your back is hurting, hard to ignore with the spinal cord being right there.  Take care of it.

Your posts are always inspiring, thank you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras