Esteemed Contributor

Re: Incredible Article Of Dressing Appropriately

I'm not in my 50s or 60s, but I find those collections most appealing.  ☺️

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I love this ring, necklace, and bottom handbag.  I'd also wear the top right black and white skirt and the top right red top.  I'd also take the white coat and scarf.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like the red long sleeve and camel short sleeve top in the 20s collection.  I think those could be appropriate for any age.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   In the "20's" look, with the exception of the bare midriff in the right-hand corner and the nothing-on-the-bottom in the upper left, that is the "look" I totally gravitate towards and I would be most comfortable wearing, and my age is 69, so go figure.  

P.S.  Thankyou for posting this, ECBG.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the clothing shown for the 50's.  I like loose-fitting, flowy kinds of clothing.  

Honored Contributor

Nothing in that 60's selection for me please!!

The clothes look like they are trying to be for a younger person (doesn't look age appropriate to me) But, I do add red to my blacks and navies. In fact, DH says I look very good in reds. I have to agree.....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The 40's looks and the 50's looks do not work well either. The florals all look like 'nightgown' items IMO and why would I want to wear sequins in my 40's?? Sequins for every day looks are not for me IMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom@cotton4me@alliswell@wildcat fan@Snicks1@

Don't just look at the pictures, those are THEIR examples. Sometimes I think those examples are put together by assistants where the top priority is first new items, secondly driven by color.

The text of the article about how to accomplish the best look is the prize here and a good source on how to navigate through the madness of so many choices.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

Thanks for finding and posting those pages. The magazine's website crashes on my ipad's safari browser likely due to poor javascripting coding.

@ECBG

I always like how magazine editors put certain clothing in to age categories and they seem to use the same actresses or other celebs as an example. But the clothes are more fantasy then wearable but I think that's what sells fashion magazines in print.

I find that I don't buy print magazines too much as I can get my fashion fix online for free.

Respected Contributor

I am 54 and love the look of red, black and white together

FAB NOT FRUMPY. I SEE SO MANY OVER 50YR WOMEN WHO ARE PRETTY BUT CHOSE TO BE FRUMPY LOOKING. STEP OUT OF UR COMFORT ZONE. SEE WHAT HAPPENS GUESS WHAT U DONT TURN INTO A CHEAP HOOKER LOL Nice colors.:

This lady had a blog on using things worn by younger women to suit her

fashion for women over 50:

Casual Outfits for Women Over 50 | ... outfit was my attempt at recreating an inspiration outfit i wanted to: