Honored Contributor

In your footwear collection... (a two part question)

are there things that probably everyone else owns but you?

For me, it's probably black flats.

I don't own any simple black flats (just ones with black and pink). {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

And besides the neutrals (metallics, black, browns, grey, taupe), what accent color shoe do you have the most of in your collection?

I definitely have the most of pink! Kiss{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

flats

sneakers

boat shoes

peeps

kitten heels

loafers

strappy sandals

high heels

boots

slippers

flip flops

Birkenstocks

I don't own these, but I think they're kind of funky. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

/></p> <p>My second most popular accent color is probably red.</p> <p>I have-</p> <p>sandals</p> <p>flats</p> <p>heels</p> <p>Mary Janes</p> <p>Birkenstocks</p> <p>tall boots</p> <p>ankle boots</p> <p>rain shoes</p> <p>slippers</p>

Respected Contributor

Re: In your footwear collection... (a two part question)

I don't have any simple black flats either (thinking a ballet flat or loafer). I do have the Clarks Ashlands in black. That is the closest I come. I own mostly neutrals and I am crazy for boots! I have a pair of red patent leather pumps, a pair of olive green sandals, a pair of blue snakeskin patterned sandals and a pair of mauve flats that I am probably going to have to donate because they are not comfortable. The rest are black, brown, gray, tan, taupe, navy, metallic and white.
Super Contributor

I don't own any black flats, either. In fact, I own very few flat shoes. Even my "flat" summer sandals have a 1.5" wedge! I feel like I look better and walk better with a little bit of a heel.

It seems like everyone owns ballet flats and riding boots but me.

Most of my shoes are black, a few are brown, one pair is burgundy, and I own one wedge sandal in a gray/taupe snakeskin print.

When you have a narrow, hard-to-fit foot like I do, your shoe choices are VERY limited.

Respected Contributor

I do not wear Mary Janes. I could not wait to ditch them when I was a child. I still remember the big girls teasing us because we wore Mary Janes. We were told only little girls needed straps to hold their shoes on their feet. To this day I will not wear them. I do not think they are flattering on most feet.

Trusted Contributor

Beyond the neutrals, I have the most styles in some color of green. And I have at least four pair of black ballet flats! Suede, patent, sneaker soles, espadrilles. Thinking of getting some driving mocs in black and maybe a pair of Belgian loafers too!

However, there is nary a platform, cowboy boot or riding boot in my collection.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any flats either. I'm too short. I have almost every color in shoes. I have several pairs in the coral/orange tones and also in the aqua/turquoise colors.

Honored Contributor

The one kind of footwear I don't own but most others probably do would be flip flops and thong sandals. I can't stand that piece of material between my toes, and I prefer a sandal with more coverage on my foot. I also don't own any kitten heels or Mary Jane styles. I can't walk on a kitten heel; every time I try I twist my ankle. I don't like the strap on a Mary Jane; it irritates the top of my foot. I own flats, sneakers, boat shoes, pumps, wedges, boots, and sandals. I have everything from flats to high heels. I have more navy and black shoes than any other color. I own more flats than any other style. I have several pairs of black and navy flats: ballet and loafers. I wear them often. The rest of my shoes are various shades of browns, nudes, and metallics. I own 3 pairs of shoes that are prints, but I don't wear them very often. I do not own any bold color shoes. As you can see I prefer neutral shoes. I like to wear a lot of color and prints so neutral shoes make sense. I would never wear a bold colored shoe because I don't want my shoes to be the first thing noticed. I like my outfit to speak as a whole and not just be about the shoes I am wearing.
Honored Contributor

I can't wear heels at all - major orthopedic reasons. I have a pair of dressy black flats. Those are the total of my dressy shoes. To quote my ortho doctor - I don't care if you are going to dinner at the white house in an evening gown - no heels over 1 1/2". Other than that I have more casual flats in black - tan- blue and brown - all are Clarks. Strappy sandals in white, black and brown. 1 pair of sneaks and some Ryka sandals in black and grey and a pair of Clark's quarter strap sandals in brown. generally my Ryka sandals usually only last about one season for me, so when I go home in the fall I will likely need to get some new ones. There is a store that sells Clarks and Ryka near my home.

Honored Contributor

Definitely no mary janes, flats or loafers. Also no pumps or kitten heels.

I have many different colors and shades. I love and have so many boots to wear with jeans as well as summer wedges at least 3" or more. I also have a lot of birkenstocks and earth shoes and sandals.

Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to pare my shoe/sandal/boot collection down to a real "capsule" wardrobe. Why, I don't know. It's not like I am moving to a treehouse, but I continue on my journey of living with less and enjoying life more.

To answer your questions:

I really dislike the way ballet flats look on my feet, so I don't own any. I do have a pair of d'orsay flats that I love.

I wear a size 9 shoe, so I prefer no unnecessary "pops of color" on my feet. Most of my shoes are black, nude or metallic with a few pairs of sandals that are a bit more colorful.