Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

I enjoy wearing fall and winter clothes so much more than summer clothes.  I'm looking forward to some cold weather.

You and me both!  Geez, I'm still looking forward to the cold winter.  It should have been cold here for at least the last month or so (Philadelphia), but it's not.  Now I'm hearing it's going to be 70 degrees on Christmas.  Bah humbug!  I want snow.  

Valued Contributor

I love our fall & winter in SE Pa.  This yr., where is it?  70 degrees on Christmas Day is something I don't want.

Respected Contributor

@Sylanne

i'll trade you!  from ca!

Honored Contributor

December 21 is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year.  After that day, the amount of daylight begins to increase.  So days are very short now but they will begin increasing incrementally on December 22.

Honored Contributor

Winter clothes are already on clearance where I live (AZ) !!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

count me in as still waiting for colder winter weather. we have had such unseasonably warm weather so far this season. i want winter! i have too many nice clothes to not wear them. lol

we broke a 126 year old weather record last week when it hit 72.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreeI can't wait!  I'm in southern Florida and even here almost all the stores are stacked with sweaters and heavy scarves, boots, coats, etc.

And pretty much every website seems to think the whole country is cold; it's probably going to be 85 on Christmas day here. I need some new clothes. but with the racks and racks and racks of clothes I'd be happy to buy if I were on Long Island where I spend my summers (in the heat), I'm ready for the white capris and spring tops.

Just because I understand why they push that stuff doesn't mean I will buy.  Bring on spring clothes and I'll take a look.

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of bricks and mortar stores reported poor 3rd quarter earnings and they sited warm weather as one of the reasons why fall clothing hasn't sold well.

I think it's been cold enough in the Pacific Northwest to wear warm clothing and we've had some freezing nights here in Vancouver, BC but not snow in the lower mainland yet this fall.

I think the economy isn't as healthy as retailers want the public to believe though. I'm sure it's not going to be counted in any government statistics but I've seen a lot of inflation in food and clothing in Canada due to the falling CDN dollar this past year. People's wages haven't gone up but everything else has so discretionary spending like clothing and beauty are the first things to get cut out.

Honored Contributor

@Sylanne  The warmer temps are nice now but it screws up the bulbs, plants, trees for the spring.

Honored Contributor

Hazy, hot and humid here in SW Florida. We did have 2 days where we couild open the windows but basically we have been stuck inside in the AC.