Honored Contributor

In search of: black crop or regular pants in a nice light weight material for summer

Does anyone have any suggestions for black crop and regular length pants in a nice light weight material?

Black pants are a staple for me and I wear them 90% of the time.  However, my selections are either getting worn or the material seems too heavy for summer wear.  

I am hoping that I can get some suggestions here!

Thanks so much!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: In search of: black crop or regular pants in a nice light weight material for summer

For casual wear, I recommend a Talbots's "weekend" line of pants. I have several of their crops in this style and they're perfect for summer. For more dressy attire, I like Talbot's Chatham line of pants, but I must admit that they're hotter......but I don't mind so much since I primarily wear them in an AC office. It's tricky finding good summer weight black pants. I also constantly wear black pants.

Respected Contributor

Re: In search of: black crop or regular pants in a nice light weight material for summer

Watch the Videos:

A288391

A290983

A287614

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for black crop and regular length pants in a nice light weight material?

Black pants are a staple for me and I wear them 90% of the time.  However, my selections are either getting worn or the material seems too heavy for summer wear.  

Thanks so much!  

I purchase summer weight crops and pants from LL Bean. 

Honored Contributor

Funny you should ask!

I went to JC Penney and for $10.70, I found St John's Bay Secretly Slender Capri.   It's mostly cotton, plus some spandex.   It has a bit of a sheen, gives it a less casual look.   Comes in many sizes, many colors and a couple of prints.

Great sale this weekend, check out their website for coupons, etc.

I may go back and get another pair or 2.

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thanks so much!  

Honored Contributor

TALBOTS!  Can't beat their quality or their range of sizes.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Linea line. Louis's clothing is well made and lasts.  Joan Rivers pants seem very nice.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought A294812 - I'm shocked at how nice they are. Took a chance on as is in these since I haven't been too happy with SG or the high prices. I am thrilled with these slacks. They are perfect for me for work - they are very lightweight., but not thin and see through. I live in South Florida so I want comfort and ease in this climate. I find some great bargains at Ross too - bought 2 pairs of black pants a couple weeks ago. I live in black slacks except on weekends.

Good luck on your quest!

Honored Contributor

Thanks!!!!  I really appreciate these recommendations!

I just have to have my black pants!  I don't care what the weather is.  I have a lot of other colors, but feel the best in these!!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thanks so much!  

I purchase summer weight crops and pants from LL Bean. 

....Only wear the crops in the house. Go along w/ Tim Gunn's statements that they cut off the leg and throw proportion off balance. Even on the hottest days, that extra 4" of legs being exposed won't make me any cooler.