Honored Contributor

Re: In search of: black crop or regular pants in a nice light weight material for summer

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for black crop and regular length pants in a nice light weight material?

Black pants are a staple for me and I wear them 90% of the time.  However, my selections are either getting worn or the material seems too heavy for summer wear.  

I am hoping that I can get some suggestions here!

Thanks so much!  

I purchase summer weight crops and pants from LL Bean. 

....Only wear the crops in the house. Go along w/ Tim Gunn's statements that they cut off the leg and throw proportion off balance. Even on the hottest days, that extra 4" of legs being exposed won't make me any cooler. 

I am fortunate that crop pants are great for me to wear anywhere because nobody REALLY cares how long my pants are or if my proportion is off balance because I am too old to be much of a topic of conversation in that regard!  LOL!!!

I also live where it gets way over 100 in the summer, and 4" or 1" is great!  We'll take all the cooling we can get!  Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

Re: In search of: black crop or regular pants in a nice light weight material for summer

Have you ever tried the brand Fresh Produce? They have lots of nice cool clothing. Store are usually along the coastal areas but some stores carry the brand. Not regular stoes like Macys I mean a more of a speciality store like in Tarpn Springs, Key West etc. Check their web site. for Fresh Produce locations.

Honored Contributor

Kind of OT but Sport Savy made great crops and regular pants also ankle length pants.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Contributor

I really like the quality and fit of Linea pants. Have this one in both colors and it's so LIGHT and cool: A288391

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased 2 pair of ankle length pants at J Jill.  I purchased on sale as I think regular pricing is to high.

I do like them, but I am a hard fit so they are a bit big in the waist but otherwise fit fine.

I quit ordering online, it's just to expensive to send back, there are several styles I would like to try....but the return shipping stops me.

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl

Are we neighbors? I'm in North Miami-Dade County

Respected Contributor

I live where it will be 109 degrees today. I'm always in search of cool but attractive summer pants for both work and weekend activities. The list below includes the pants that I've found to be light-weight, cool, and comfortable for me. Loose fitting pants and/or pants with certain content mixes, and light-weight cotton are in my selection.

a275081 cotton/modal/spandex AnyBody Cozy Knit Jogger Pant (on clearance?)

a278931 rayon/span Halston Pull On Pant

a13112 polyester/spandex Bob Mackie Wide Leg Pant

On Evine, Kate & Mallory elastic waist pants - a variety of styles -  rayon/spandex

At Macy's, Style & Co.Floral Embroidered Capri Pant; Cuffed Capri Pant; Convertible Cargo Pant; Wide Leg Printed Pant; other styles of the Capri Pant. (I've purchased Style & Co. capri pants and convertible cargo pants each year for several years because they have light-weight cotton and are not too short.)

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo - I'm in South Palm Beach County Woman LOL Not far at all. 

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

@Andreatoo - I'm in South Palm Beach County Woman LOL Not far at all. 

@nycgrl

Yeah. Only that pesky Broward separating us! lol

Well howdy neighbor Woman Wink