Contributor

In appreciation of QVC's models ...

Does anyone else here tire of seeing HSN's models twisting and twirling and crouching and moving constantly, constantly pulling at their pants to show how stretchy the material is, bending, kicking their legs out, all in unison?  It absolutely drives me insane and truly makes me appreciate QVC's models.

Good job, ladies! 

Honored Contributor

Re: In appreciation of QVC's models ...

I never watch HSN, so I know nothing about their models.

However, I do watch QVC practically every day and I must say there is not one model I do not like.  They are all beautiful, very representative of women in general, and very professional.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@dow wrote:

Does anyone else here tire of seeing HSN's models twisting and twirling and crouching and moving constantly, constantly pulling at their pants to show how stretchy the material is, bending, kicking their legs out, all in unison?  It absolutely drives me insane and truly makes me appreciate QVC's models.

Good job, ladies! 

NAT:  What do you want them to do?  Stand there like statues and allow the vendor to pull on the fabric and fondle them?

Trusted Contributor

@Nonametoday Wow, that was rude and unnecessary.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@Nonametoday Wow, that was rude and unnecessary.

Perhaps a dose of reality, but not rude.

Honored Contributor

I saw an HSN sneaker presentation once and they had 6+ colors and 6+ models all jumping around, crossing and uncrossing their feet, standing on tip toes, pointing toes, and on and on. They looked little kids who can't stand still. It was weird.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the vendor. With DG line on HSN, Diane likes to emphases the stretch Of her fabric,  so, the models are suppose to bend and crouch and pull on the material it show the stretch. I find some models have particular ways that they smile, and show their face for the cosmetic shows, and how they stand for the fashion shows. I think the models are told what looks best for them when they first started out modeling and they kind of do it For the rest of their career over and over again. It gets very repetitive and rather irritating to see the same  model do the same thing again and again.

There is this new blond model on QVC who is pretty, but she has  these huge lips that she pouts like a fish to emphasis them..... It makes her look so phony and cutesy....I almost can not stand to watch her. There is another African American model on QVC that is tall thin and pretty, but she fidgets and wiggles so much when standing it looks like she has ants in her panties.  Someone must have told her to keep moving through out the show and never be still.

Honored Contributor

Maybe they need to use the restroom.

Contributor

That really was rude.

Honored Contributor

@dow wrote:

That really was rude.

What was rude?  That a fidgety person looks like they need to use the restroom? It is fact not rudeness.