Esteemed Contributor

Re: In appreciation of QVC's models ...

I have never once been put off by the models on HSN or QVC, I think they are fabulous. The vendors or hosts? That's another issue.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I can only relate to the petite models I see on the Q and they are dolls and quite professional. The other models on the Q and the other shopping channels show the clothes to the best of their ability. I understand most of the models on the Q have other jobs that do not necessarily involve modeling.

Respected Contributor

I think the models on the Q have more space to walk and move about naturally.  Less so on HSN...and even less on Evine.  H & E models seem to make up for it with lots of movements that can seem a little over the top.  No harm, no foul.  But it can look a little funny.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the moving models @ HSN instead of the mannequin type models. All of the models do a good job, though. I am particularly happy with the Q's Petite models, which neither HSN nor Evine have. 

Honored Contributor

They're all professionals across all 3 channels just doing their jobs.

I suspect the simpering/flirtation during the makeup shows (that I only see on the Q) is at the producers' direction.

that can get to be a bit much!

Honored Contributor

Speaking of models, where is Angela Izzo?  Have I missed her by not watching at the right times or what.

Super Contributor

I saw Angela in a recent show...maybe Bob Mackie?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchase more from HSN than I do from QVC. (this was not always the case)  I've always thought QVC models were far more professional than HSN models.  HSN models always struck as dual employees.  Sometimes they answer phones; sometimes they model clothes.

QVC booked (I do not know if they still do) their models through a modeling agency.  I have a relative who was a popular model back in the late 1990's and early 2000's.  She did commercials as well a print adds for major department stores.

edit

There is a very nice article in the June Insider about Jacqui, the model.

Respected Contributor

modeling is very hard work and i give these girls a lot of credit  these deserve every dime they make