Esteemed Contributor

Re: In What Items Have You Gotten Too Many Duplicates

@ECBG, oh but there are duplicates! Four pair of navy Slinky skinny pants; 2 pair of black Slinky skinny pants; 2 pair of a SG palazzo pattern that I like, and 3 pair of the same Women With Control patterned palazzo that I like (2 in navy and 1 in black)! Plus a few other patterns in the same brands! I'm not a hero by any means!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@ECBG, oh but there are duplicates! Four pair of navy Slinky skinny pants; 2 pair of black Slinky skinny pants; 2 pair of a SG palazzo pattern that I like, and 3 pair of the same Women With Control patterned palazzo that I like (2 in navy and 1 in black)! Plus a few other patterns in the same brands! I'm not a hero by any means!

@jannabelle1 Honey!  You are special, however!  (Well more than you thought!!!).  I don't think I'm aware of anyone that has more navy and LESS black! in their pants collection!!!!!  I know I don't!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, thank you....you're very kind. I only have more navy Slinky's than black because they are so lightweight and a summer-only pant. If I went back to my closet before I retired, the only pant color allowed was black!

Honored Contributor

maybe jeans, but I have been cleaning out my closet seriously for the past year.

and got rid of at least 50%+ of it

after realizing that I don't need dupes of stuff, of which I was certainly guilty of overbuying 

Honored Contributor

Brightly colored patterned tops. Florals, geometics, watercolors, it doesn't seem to matter. Between One World from the past and Belle and Tolani in the past two years, I will never get more than one wearing out of some of these.  

Honored Contributor

Since this is in the Fashion forum ... I was thinking clothes.  But - I just placed an order for what I have way too much of:  YARN!

BUT ... the world could go to a yarn famine ... and I (and my SIL and many other knitters I know) could survive!

---------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

If I bought too many of anything, it has to be black socks. I buy them in bulk.

I just recently replenished my stock ... 24 pairs of Cool Comfort crew socks and 12 pairs of Sheer Energy trouser socks. 

Respected Contributor

I'm kind of a sucker for graphic tees. I think they look cute with jeans, and with shorts in the summer. My favorites are from J Crew and Boden, but I've found some at Old Navy, too.

I really don't need any more, but that probably won't stop me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite white Equipment silk blouse called "Adalyn".

The cut, fit is perfect and feminine in every way and can be dressed up or down.  Very light and cool for year around wear.  Add some long necklaces and a jacket or just wear with jeans, cut off's, sandals or sneaks.

equipment-BRIGHT-WHITE-Long-Sleeve-Adalyn-Silk-Shirt.jpeg