Trusted Contributor

Re: In The Coming Season, What Doesn't Appeal to You????

Remember "waffle stompers"  boots?  Wore them in my younger days and loved them.  Only wore them with jeans, tho.

The TSV boots remind me of "Lil Abner"...

Honored Contributor

I happen to like combat boots and wide leg pants but probably not together. What I can do without is all the animal prints yet to come. The only animal print I will do generally is snake and in small doses

I don't see open front long cardigans going anywhere anytime soon. I'm a jacket/blazer kind of gal.

I love the way a boot feels I like the added support around my ankles. When I wear a sneaker it's generally a hightop for the same reason

Numbers 1 and 2 posted by @Foxxee were literally horrifying!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

These are my "clunkiest", from Tory Burch.

I considerered these about a year and a half ago, but I thought I would get more wear out of the others (red is a school color, so once a week we wear school gear), and I thought they tweed might get fuzzy.

Pair View

@lolakimono 

I like those.  They are sharp.  

Honored Contributor

Actually her last name was Moses. She was Jeds Mother in Law.

Honored Contributor

Hope the eternity scarfs are gone.

Honored Contributor

SO is it monster or Munster? I am a little confused.

Contributor

Those boots are actually very comfortable and sure footed. If anyone saw them on Leah, they gave her a fresh and current look. Maybe not something you wear everyday but she looked adorable.

In the coming season, I am not looking forward the oversized on top of oversized anything. If they look terrible of a runway model, how can they think anyone will look good wasting this style? Style is suppose to compliment your body type. I want to look fashionable even if I am not a model type body. I will continue to shop things that make the best of my proportions. 

Honored Contributor

None of the above.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

These are my "clunkiest", from Tory Burch.

I considerered these about a year and a half ago, but I thought I would get more wear out of the others (red is a school color, so once a week we wear school gear), and I thought they tweed might get fuzzy.

Pair View

@lolakimono   I absolutely love these!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm seeing a lot of this according to experts:

Puffy coats

Bodysuits/catsuits

Mustard yellow

Cropped sweaters

Cutouts

High rise waists on jeans

So along with the chunky lace-up boots, it's the early-mid 90's all over again. The only trend I would do is mustard yellow. I actually ordered a maxi dress in that color I hope to wear into early fall while it's still mild out.

I am glad that high-rise "mom" jeans are coming back. I'm long-waisted with an apple shape, low-rise did not work for me at all and it wasn't comfortable. I need the Urkel waist to keep it all in! Woman LOL