Honored Contributor

Re: Impressions Of Charming Charlies Accessories Store

I walked in and walked out. The handbags were cheaply stitiched and the scarves and jewelry just looked inexpensive. If I buy something inexpensive, I don't want it to look that way. The store has a lot of throw-away merchandise. Fine if you want to wear it once or twice but nothing appealing enough to buy for long term use....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with most of the posters who have said that the jewelry is not great quality but if you're looking for a trendy piece to top of an outfit for a season, it's fine. I have been favorably impressed with these100454018_1.jpg100454018_1.jpg two dresses I bought there, though. They have washed and worn well.

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Very cheap quality.  The whole "theme" is a huge turn off 

ITA.  Teen stuff.

Honored Contributor

There's a Charming Charlie a few stores away from a  pizza restaurant near me, so one night after I ordered a pie, I took a few minutes to walk through the store.  I'm highly unlikely to return.  Just not anything I want to wear.  I'm not even sure of its target shopper.  I was the only one there the day I wandered in.

Honored Contributor

Guess I'm the odd one out but I like the store.  I don't care for the handbags or the shoes but I own some of the jewelry and I've had no problem with what I've purchased at all.

I've had some of it for several years and it hasn't broken, beads haven't fallen off, the metal hasn't turned. 

I'm a huge costume jewelry person because I like big, bold pieces.