Regular Contributor

Here's an article about her advice on aging.  It's gain weught.   

www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/supermodel-imans-aging-advice-gain-weight-128285936933.html

Honored Contributor

I love Iman and I give her a lot of props for coming out in head to toe tomato red.  Not a lot of people can pull off that color and can be that bold.

She could have come out in head to toe black.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor
Since I have speed skater thighs (and then some) 😄 these pants would not look good on me. And it seems all the models appeared to be wearing a size too small. Maybe it's the cut? Everything was on display, especially with the bigger ladies who were wearing the lighter colors. I've heard Iman pants tend to run small or very true to size. I do have a pair of her zipper ankle leggings in black and those fit great on me. But those aren't Ponte knit.

Iman looked great in all red though.
Honored Contributor

Iman is a gorgeous woman, seems so nice too.

I tried her pants once, sent them back. They were some sort of twill, not ponte. Didn't look good on me. 

The HSN models always wear pants skin tight. Today Iman kept saying the ponte pants didn't show cellulite. She sure seems like an honest person to me, but I think they don't show cellulite only if you don't have any.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I am watching right now. One of the plus size models who looked to be as tall as Colleen said she was wearing a size 6. She was wearing the light tan and it looked so tight on her. She could have gone up several sizes and looked just fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

Over the past couple of years Iman has gone through the broken leg, I believe she also had a foot surgery, and of course the world shared in the loss of her husband.  That would be David Bowie for those who don't know.  The point is at 63 and with all the life stuff she's had to deal with, maybe she no longer feels the need to pass on every morsel of food .... and treats to retain a model slim body any longer.  Reading the article mentioned by @scruffsmom sort of backs up that theory.  I think I like Iman in the long dark wig too. She usually wears a chestnut with blonde blend.  God bless her for being a beautiful woman who represents the over 60s very well. Woman Happy

As for the TS, I didn't like the pants.  I couldn't put my finger on it earlier, but after reading the opinions on this thread, I think many of ya'll have nailed it.  The crossover bell sleeve blouse is cute.  The light blue looked very nice on Marlo Smith.    

Super Contributor

@kaydee50wrote:

I don't think Iman is a plus size but it is reassuring to me that women who were model thin when they were younger have gained weight just as I have.  I certainly don't expect at 68 to weigh what I did at 30--LOL!!!

I weigh less than I did at 30.

Frequent Contributor

Iman's brand is associated with Joy Mangano so no doubt the pants are manufactured

cheaply.  Looks like the type of stretch pants you could get at W/M for about $9.

Of course Iman makes them look great, she looks fanastic in everything, she mentioned before that she takes all of her clothes to her tailor of many years and he alters them to fit perfectly.

Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I don't think Iman is plus size.  She's more a normal-weight person who has a bit of weight in her thighs.  I love her Curve Appeal jeans.  They are very slimming.  Maybe some of the models are just wearing the wrong size, as they don't look that way on me.  These are Curve Appeal as well, but I've never purchased her ponte fabric.  They sold 5,000 pairs last night in the first 20 or so minutes. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

It's your television,  your service provider,  or a combination of the 2.

I have an HD tv set on widescreen and both comcast and dish network. On dish there is no hsn in hd. Everyone, not just Iman, looks short and squatty. On comcast its televised in hd; huge difference in the appearance! If Im smart I watch in sd so Im not tempted to buy anything! Lol