Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Iman TS maxi dress

[ Edited ]

I passed.  If this comes back and ends up on clearance, I may get it.

I actually thought the print was really pretty and almost caved because I have a tropical vacation in September but then I realized I'd more than likely never wear it outside of that trip so I passed.

I'm 5'4" tall and would have ordered the short in this.  Iman's maxis are a true maxi.  So many lines do what they call a maxi but they are above the ankle. 

Colleen is 5'9" tall and she had on the average.  It was too short for her with the heeled shoe she had on.  A caller commented about how short it was on Colleen and she said she was tall plus had a 3" heel.   I think a maxi needs to either be a true maxi or it should come above the ankle.  In between just makes it look too short.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva. I watched the video with Colleen and Iman and I just assumed Colleen had on the short version of the dress because Iman's went all the way to the floor and she is really tall.  

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Lipstickdiva. I watched the video with Colleen and Iman and I just assumed Colleen had on the short version of the dress because Iman's went all the way to the floor and she is really tall.  

Iman had on flat shoes. She said she and Colleen are the same height and were both wearing the regular.

Trusted Contributor
I really wanted this but I didn't get it. I have to watch my pennies....
Trusted Contributor

Looks like a night gown. WAY too much volume and polyester.

Honored Contributor

I watched several presentations.  I think this dress ran very long.  It looked too long on some of the five ten models.  I am happy I ordered the short, and I'm looking forward to receiving it.  I will wear my almost "flat" jeweled Vince Camuto sandals with this when I do wear it.

I didn't think it looked too short on Colleen.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

The price is reduced today to $59.  Still higher than the TS price, but lower than the regular price.

Honored Contributor

I received mine.  It fit me well, and it's really pretty.  I'm happy with it.  I bought the pink and jade, but I'm sending the pink back.  It's a gorgeous shade of pink, but I think I actually will get more use out of the jade. 

It fits fairly true to brick and mortar store sizing and does not run big.

Respected Contributor

@Winamac  How is the length on you?

Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@winamac1  How is the length on you?

It fits me well.  Almost touches the floor.  It's so odd I don't take talls as I'm five 8 and I don't have short legs.  I do have a bit of a long torso so that could be part of it.  I'm very pleased with the length.  It's a lovely maxi!