Honored Contributor

Re: Iman TS another skinny jean!

@CatsyCline wrote:

what makes these jeans any different than the others? DG, Skinny Girl, Giuliana?

skin tight,  jegging legs.  gold rivets and sanding on the thighs and butt area so 2005.

Better quality material and better construction.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Anyone tempted to purchase? It's skin tight on everyone wearing it except for the midnight host (I forget her name!). It's supposedly a new fabric, more denim-like (whatever that means). $49.99 but I have to say there's another of her jeans 779-196 that's on clearance for $19.99. I have several pairs of that one and they're great, fit really well and are super comfortable.

@Thats Me - I like IMAN's jeans, but I don't like the gold logo pocket plate. That's why I don't purchase her jeans

At HSN, my denim purchases are from Giuliana and Skinnygirl. And I'm looking forward to the launch of WynneDenim in October. Marla doesn't have a prominent logo - hope that's the case for her denim. I don't mind a unique logo button or pocket design but if it's prominent, I don't purchase it

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Chi-town girl @I'm not wild about that bright gold either, especially not of that button that sticks out so much. But the several Iman jeans I have were each bought for @$20 so pretty cheap, and they fit great and are very comfortable. Really love them except for that hardware. 
I've never tried G or Skinnygirl jeans. I do have DG2 and like what I have, but have had to send a lot back due to poor fit.

Like you I'll be curious to see Marla Wynne's denim. Hope we're happy!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

And here I am thinking skinny jeans were on their way out. 

They are!  It's not like the jean police are going to arrest you for wearing them, but why buy more at this point in the cycle?  Surprised to see this as a TS instead of a newer silhouette.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I like her skinny jeans, I particularly love the gold buttons and gold hardware.  I have light denim and medium that I purchased a couple of years ago.  As I recall, I went up a size because I have full thighs.  The fit is great.   I don't need anymore skinny jeans from any fashion brand.    Maybe it's a new fabric. Maybe it isn't.  Nydj did the "new fabric" dance with their TSV so I'm suspicious.  They are all playing word games lately.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

And here I am thinking skinny jeans were on their way out. 

• The are not!  Skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple.  It's the only style many women will wear.  What's happening is that designers are giving us other styles to ADD to our jeans wardrobe.  They are giving us choices which is a good thing.  

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Thats Me wrote:

Anyone tempted to purchase? It's skin tight on everyone wearing it except for the midnight host (I forget her name!). It's supposedly a new fabric, more denim-like (whatever that means). $49.99 but I have to say there's another of her jeans 779-196 that's on clearance for $19.99. I have several pairs of that one and they're great, fit really well and are super comfortable.

@Thats Me - I like IMAN's jeans, but I don't like the gold logo pocket plate. That's why I don't purchase her jeans

At HSN, my denim purchases are from Giuliana and Skinnygirl. And I'm looking forward to the launch of WynneDenim in October. Marla doesn't have a prominent logo - hope that's the case for her denim. I don't mind a unique logo button or pocket design but if it's prominent, I don't purchase it

@Chi-town girl  I agree word for word with this post.

Respected Contributor

I have been following the jeans on HSN, and when the reviews started coming, they were 1 and 2 stars...that's it!  People complained about the material and how tight they were.  Even those who ordered a size up said they were still too tight.  I noticed last night (and this morning) that the jeans have been pulled from the website.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's a new fit/material. Platinum Premium Stretch.  Suzanne said she went up a size because she felt more comfortable.  At least she didn't try to squeeze into a smaller size.  They looked nice on her.  I purchased a pair and went with size 2.  Last time I purchased a pair of her jeans in a size 4 they seemed too loose and baggy even those were a skinny.  So I went down to a 2.  Most of the larger models and some of the hosts are wearing too small and stuffed and it's an awful look.  I don't know why they can't see how they are pulling so tight there are folds which just accentuates their bulges. 

@rms1954 

Just look around at QVC and except for Amy, Kerstin and Courtney, most could size up a size and sometimes (I think) two sizes.

Esteemed Contributor

Skinny jeans are out. Straight leg is the current front runner for 2023.