Esteemed Contributor

Re: Iman No Longer With HSN

[ Edited ]

@topcat10 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

I didn't much care for Iman when she first came to HSN ... primarily because they pushed out Terry Lewis in order to make room for her leather line.   Although I never purchased anything from her, I grew to like her personality.

Where did you read, see, or hear that?

Do you mean, was it in writing?   No, but I was there when it happened and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  Terry left (not of her own accord, I might add), and in came Iman ... with her leather line.   

Esteemed Contributor

I am sad to hear this, I loved watching Iman and I have brought plenty of her items over the years,  now Joy I brought her huggable hangers but there was no way I could watch her like I watched and listened to Iman.

I stopped watching HSN a long time ago when Hal Rubenstein left and I preferred Carolyn Straus fashions over Slinky any day, Wayne Scot Lukas and a few others.  I think in a way HSN and QVC have lost their pizzazz if not for a handful of of their reputable designers and I don't know what's up with Evine......

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 

I had not thought about Carolyn Strauss in years!

She was on a lot and seemed to be a top seller for many years.

Cannot remember the last time I saw her.

Wayne Scot Lukas, too.  So many now gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman- I still own and wear my Carolyn Strauss pieces they are so colorful and still well saturated even today.  I always travel with her pieces especially when I go to a warm or hot climate.

Yes so many of them gone even Randolph Duke I loved to watch him and I brought many of his pieces too plus he was easy on the eyes.

Highlighted

Yes, it's her voice.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple  and all...... good news.....she is NOT gone Smiley Happy

iman.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 

I had not thought about Carolyn Strauss in years!

She was on a lot and seemed to be a top seller for many years.

Cannot remember the last time I saw her.

Wayne Scot Lukas, too.  So many now gone.

@Witchy Woman 

Oh, wow, Wayne Scot Lukas was a hoot!

I remember buying some of his "scuba" things.  Had to have been 25 years ago?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot 

i used to love the waynescot lukas line.....he did some nice basics and his knits were very nice. i also loved when randolph duke was on qvc and then hsn. i miss him.....he did such great presentations.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@topcat10 wrote:

@SoX wrote:

I didn't much care for Iman when she first came to HSN ... primarily because they pushed out Terry Lewis in order to make room for her leather line.   Although I never purchased anything from her, I grew to like her personality.

Where did you read, see, or hear that?

Do you mean, was it in writing?   No, but I was there when it happened and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.  Terry left (not of her own accord, I might add), and in came Iman ... with her leather line.   

Sox...I still have some of Terry's leather jackets and her silk tanks! Remember those??? I didn't know she didn't leave of her own accord...wonder what she's doing now???

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@JaneMarple  and all...... good news.....she is NOT gone Smiley Happy

iman.jpg

Thanks @sunshine45 Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson