Honored Contributor

i like may of the joy, iman, and ming tsai products.

if they dont show up somewhere again, they will definitely be missed.

i am hoping they are just going to do some rebranding on these lines and bring them back. the "ingenious designs" brand was absorbed by QURATE when the merge happened.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i like may of the joy, iman, and ming tsai products.

if they dont show up somewhere again, they will definitely be missed.

i am hoping they are just going to do some rebranding on these lines and bring them back. the "ingenious designs" brand was absorbed by QURATE when the merge happened.

@sunshine45  I recall hearing that renaming the Joy Mangano products under the brand name of Ingenius Designs was how Qurate decided they were going to handle Huggable Hangers and other successful home goods products made by Joy.  This may or may not include kitchen wares such as Ming Tsai's cookware.  My guess is all celebrities who were contracted directly with Joy are out even if their product remains as part of Ingenious Designs. 

Valued Contributor

Wow!  I’ve been really busy with work but I didn’t know about Joy or Iman leaving!  I’m kind of shocked!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Valued Contributor

Re: Iman No Longer With HSN

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this.  I stocked up on some jeans. In the back of my mind, I was kind of waiting for another jean TS from her.  Would love it if she brought them to QVC and would even pay the higher price.

I already have 5 pairs of different styles and washes. I just bought 2 more and would have gotten more, but the sizes are limited now.

Hers are the most comfy and flattering for me.  Every single time I wear her jeans, I get compliments-from girls and guys ;-)

Contributor

I totally agree, I too really love Louis D and his fashions. Well made, classic designs, elegant, as he did when he designed for Ann Klein. Qvc is changing him slowly into makinbg just copies of other lines, done with his inpuit, i hate it. He designs classics, and unless the ppl gang up on the Q they will just have the same clothing done by various vendors, and prices. The Q's quality on clothing has hit bottom, i hate most of what they show. I do buy a little logo, but very little. They are trying to make the Q, like the Neiman Marcus of TV, and frankly it falls very short. back in the 90s, i used to get leather jackets, suede clothing, 100% silk, not anymore. I also had 100% silk kimonos from Daiane Gilman, but no more. I really enjoyed Iman, her presentations, and eleogance.

Respected Contributor

Maybe someone already posted this and I missed it, but I googled a few days ago and found something that said there was an announcement on HSN that she was traveling with her daughter but WILL be back on HSN with her line.  I hope it's true.

Honored Contributor

@santorini   I read that in the HSN community too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

They have had Joys products on a lot lately and they are all under the JOY name.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I didn't much care for Iman when she first came to HSN ... primarily because they pushed out Terry Lewis in order to make room for her leather line.   Although I never purchased anything from her, I grew to like her personality.

Where did you read, see, or hear that?

Super Contributor

I know that Melissa McCarthy discontinued her line....but where the heck has Serena Williams been?....the same items have been sold out for months.