Honored Contributor

Re: Iman February appearance

I did get the navy. As usual, Iman did an outstanding job on colors and I like several of them but I will wait for clearance or outlet prices on the others if I like the navy ones.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Some new loungewear items

IMAN Global Chic Luxury Loungewear Top
522-280
522-280

I love the top one. BEWARE, it's dry clean, ugh. I'll pass. 

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

522-280
522-280

Oh no- I just ordered it!   I was too busy trying to decide on the size that I didn't notice it was dry clean.  I guess I will check it out and see how it looks on me.  I was not sure about the sizing on the pants so may have to send them back anyway.  I will certainly have to get them hemmed if it is truly a  30 inch inseam. 

I also ordered the flowy tank with the necklace in blue and the ankle pants I was considering the other day in the blue also.  I had already ordered the flowy top (with short sleeves) in pink.

I cancelled a few things I had on waitlist so I could justify this!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I really like the look of the TS pants. I'm thinking of getting the navy pair. 

Does anyone have these from when when they were previewed?

@willdob3 - I just got home and had to jump online to grab the creamy white TS pants before they sell out. I think the pants look great, and what a great price with free s&h too. 

I also bought the red. ..surprising because I don't ususally wear bright colored pants, but I think her red tone is fab. Love both of the jackets, but taking a pass for now. Got the the coordinating tanks, only $20 & it's good to get them in the same exact color match. Then just pop on a leather jacket, another blazer etc & it's a sharp look. 

The chambray blue is so pretty. The navy looks like a true navy, not too dark. I also like the olive.  They said 25k sold already! Would be great to hear from someone that bought the pants during the sneak peek a couple mths ago. 

I bought creamy white too!   I need a pair of off white pants.  I hope they are not a stark white as I need cream!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I really like the look of the TS pants. I'm thinking of getting the navy pair. 

Does anyone have these from when when they were previewed?

@willdob3 - I just got home and had to jump online to grab the creamy white TS pants before they sell out. I think the pants look great, and what a great price with free s&h too. 

I also bought the red. ..surprising because I don't ususally wear bright colored pants, but I think her red tone is fab. Love both of the jackets, but taking a pass for now. Got the the coordinating tanks, only $20 & it's good to get them in the same exact color match. Then just pop on a leather jacket, another blazer etc & it's a sharp look. 

The chambray blue is so pretty. The navy looks like a true navy, not too dark. I also like the olive.  They said 25k sold already! Would be great to hear from someone that bought the pants during the sneak peek a couple mths ago. 

I bought creamy white too!   I need a pair of off white pants.  I hope they are not a stark white as I need cream

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

522-280
522-280

Oh no- I just ordered it!   I was too busy trying to decide on the size that I didn't notice it was dry clean.  I guess I will check it out and see how it looks on me.  I was not sure about the sizing on the pants so may have to send them back anyway.  I will certainly have to get them hemmed if it is truly a  30 inch inseam. 

I also ordered the flowy tank with the necklace in blue and the ankle pants I was considering the other day in the blue also.  I had already ordered the flowy top (with short sleeves) in pink.

I cancelled a few things I had on waitlist so I could justify this!  Smiley Happy

@Roni18  I'm surprised I noticed. If I were going to wear this out, I wouldn't care so much, but I would just wear at home.  First time I recall anything of Iman's being dry clean. (Well, maybe coats). It is cute. Hope it works for you!!

Respected Contributor

I would really like to know how these pants run?  They look quite snug and pants that tight look great when you're tall and thin but not as much on my 5'2" body where I carry my weight in the middle/hips. But very happy she offers a "short."  I usually wear dark bottoms but have enough black, brown and navy (although these look light for navy), but I do like the chambray and the olive. 

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf, I'm 5'2 also.  I've got thin legs but a thicker waist/tummy! 

I'm just going to wear a longer top with mine as I do with most pants.  It just looks more flattering on me. 

From looking at the thinner models, I don't think they look so great on them with the shirts tucked in.  Just my personal taste.  I have a few pairs of Iman's leggings and one pair of her jeans.  They fit me well.   With the jeans I have to roll them once on the bottom for the length, but with the leggings a couple (the patterned ones) ended up being the perfect length while I do have to fold the legs under 1 cuff on the black pair. 

I would say to try one of the pants at this price and you could always return or exchange them if needed.  I have been very pleased with the items I've gotten from Iman.

Trusted Contributor

I got the taupe, but I am short. Marlo has the short on, and you can see they are too long on her. SHe is wearing the same color shoes to mask the length.

Same thing with Bobbi earlier. She is short (5'4") and the pants were too long.

Sigh, if I don't cancel, I will have to hem them.

I love Iman's 'slip into slim' in denim, but she is all over the map when she brings pants in. Sometimes her short is 28" (which is too short, they ride up to your shin when you sit down), sometimes short is 30" (which is workable when it is denim).

These are dress pants, so length needs to be right. I wish she would bring a 29" length Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@sueinsf, I'm 5'2 also.  I've got thin legs but a thicker waist/tummy! 

I'm just going to wear a longer top with mine as I do with most pants.  It just looks more flattering on me. 

From looking at the thinner models, I don't think they look so great on them with the shirts tucked in.  Just my personal taste.  I have a few pairs of Iman's leggings and one pair of her jeans.  They fit me well.   With the jeans I have to roll them once on the bottom for the length, but with the leggings a couple (the patterned ones) ended up being the perfect length while I do have to fold the legs under 1 cuff on the black pair. 

I would say to try one of the pants at this price and you could always return or exchange them if needed.  I have been very pleased with the items I've gotten from Iman.

Thanks @Roni18.  I've been debating and right now I have the olive pant (in short) and the olive jacket in my cart plus still considering the black tank.  Although it has great reviews, I'm concerned the tank might be too snug, even though it's not too long (a plus) and I can go up a size (I would NEVER tuck it in!).  You make a good point though about wearing a longer top.  I guess it all depends on how the pants fit.  I think I'll take a chance on the one pair and can return if they are no good.  If they are a great fit, I can always pick up one or two other colors in the pant when they go on clearance later.