Honored Contributor

Re: Iman Clothing Sizing Question

@Ainhisg,

I know! I pretty much don't like a lot of my clothes or don't' wear them anymore either because they don't fit well or I don't go places to wear them anymore.The few I've ordered from different places are very hit and miss.

The ones I have that are mostly cotton and light I wear until I'm sewing the holes! I know pitiful🥴

Well, we'll have to try to check in and see how we do. Good luck to us both!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

I love Imans maxi dresses and buy every year.  Just got the new special value dresses today, bought four prints.   I love them all.  I'm a curvy 14/16 and always buy the XL and they always fit perfect.  These dresses I would say are a more comfy fit on me if that makes sense.  I would say you could go down a size if you are, say, more a 14.  Hope this helps.  Btw the yellow pattern is stunning.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Ainhisg,

I did get my Iman dress yesterday but too sad and still from yesterday's news but anyway here's what I thought-

I really wanted to like it but it looked awful on me. Made my shoulders look like football players and the odd placement of the elastic just made me look worse. Plus even though I sized up from my normal QVC size, and getting the medium, the elastic was tight and uncomfortable. It is not at the waist but high up.

The sleeves were nice and the length for the petite was fine (I'm 5'2).

Now for the return in case you need to-the HSN label costs $7.95 and the USPS return costs over $9.

The invoice label they sent did not print out well so I had to call to find out that correct return address.But I'll send it with their label they will send me. The cust service rep was extremely nice.

I hope you end up liking yours. With a lot of changes, it would have been nice. The neckline was nice I thought.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay i am so sorry to read that this did not work out for you!! I appreciate you mentioning the good points besides the less than stellar points. Thank you for the return info, too. Mine will be here Friday. What color did you get? Did you get the topper, too? 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg.

I got the black palm which I thought looked very elegant (at least on the models!🥴).

I think a small would have worked too because the material is very silky soft and forgiving.

It's just the kind of elastic that is always tight unless you order up 2 to 3 sizes! But maybe its just me and I have a large rib cage or something!

I didn't get the topper because I don't think shrugs are very flattering on me. Anyway good luck on this! It is always nice to get a dress that fits well and makes you feel pretty.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay My dress came, and luckily, it works for me!  I modeled it for pics in this thread:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Today-s-Special-Value/Those-who-ordered-the-Iman-TS-maxi-dress/td-p/748... 

I have to wear platform heels with it, which I have a comfortable pair, so that's not an issue, but I think I would like to wear flatter shoes with it.  I'm 5'6", and it is long.  The petite is 4 inches shorter, so I am going to pin it up today to see if 4 inches would allow me to wear flat sandals with it, or if the 4 inches will make it too short.  If I think the petite will work, I will chat with CS to see about exchanging it.  I'm concerned that with the fire in the warehouse, that exchanging it might take weeks.  I may be better off to eat the return shipping costs and place a new order.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg,

I saw your picture and you look beautiful in it! The elastic looks like it is more at your waist then it did on mine. And I think the black floral does look so pretty. I'm glad it worked out for you and yes I am a tad jealous! 

I hope you are able to get a petite!

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Ainhisg,

I saw your picture and you look beautiful in it! The elastic looks like it is more at your waist then it did on mine. And I think the black floral does look so pretty. I'm glad it worked out for you and yes I am a tad jealous! 

I hope you are able to get a petite!

@on the bay thank you for your kind words. The elastic is slightly above my natural waist, which is good, because it allows the material to flow better over my hips. The black floral is so vivid and gorgeous in person.

I pinned the dress up 4 inches all around, and it's just too short on me, so I am going to shop for a more comfortable pair of black wedge sandals.