Respected Contributor

Iman Clothing Sizing Question

Going by the advice given to me here (Thank you!) on the Iman TS, I ordered a small in the maxi dress and topper.  (I am 5'6", 130 pounds, and can be a small or medium (usually a size 6) in tops, and a medium (usually a size 8) in bottoms as I have wide hips.)  I am looking at a few more of her pieces today, since there is free shipping.  According to the charts, I should order a medium in her tops and bottoms.  Are the size charts accurate?  Or does her clothing line run big/small or does it just depend on the item?  Since I haven't received the TS, I have no idea if small will work for me or not but am just wanting some insight into how you have found the line to run.  TIA!

Valued Contributor

Re: Iman Clothing Sizing Question

I've ordered her jeans and it seems to me, based on my experience, that you could confidently order Small in her line.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I assume you are checking the specfic garment measurements and not the generic HSN size chart.   I've only bought her tops and IMO they run true to size. i.e, I take a large in SG, D&C and in Iman.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Iman's top, tanks, open front cardis - I have many of each. I'm a true medium in these items. I don't buy her pants, jeans.

In fact I'm expecting a few more tanks, another cardi too, all on sale, clearance and as is. Iman's items fit well, wear well, launder well, true to size.

Honored Contributor

Her pants are cut for curvey gals with an A**. ( junk in the trunk)  so really size down on the pants if you are slender and have a flatter butt

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Her pants are cut for curvey gals with an A**. ( junk in the trunk)  so really size down on the pants if you are slender and have a flatter butt

I am slender, have a flat butt, but do have wide hips. My hip bones are way out on the side of my body. My doctor told me one time that I was made to have babies. Lol so do you think a small or medium in skirts and pants?

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I assume you are checking the specfic garment measurements and not the generic HSN size chart.   I've only bought her tops and IMO they run true to size. i.e, I take a large in SG, D&C and in Iman.

I always take a small in D&C tops...always. So you think I would take a small in her tops?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am slender, have a flat butt, but do have wide hips. My hip bones are way out on the side of my body. My doctor told me one time that I was made to have babies. Lol so do you think a small or medium in skirts and pants?

@Ainhisg    depends on the fabric and if it has spandex... the jeans I bought had some stretch, but not a lot.... I went by the specs and ordered medium.. found the waist and hip/ butt area to be too big. I should have ordere small.  You probably need to just figure your first purchase is going to be a test to see how her items fit you... but I would recomend to size down a size most likely....

Honored Contributor

Uh Oh. This doesn't sound good. I usually order an xs or small in like susan graver (when I did order) but I went by the Iman ts measurements and by those I should have ordered a medium so I did. So confusing. I hate returning things.

I always tell myself not to order clothes online.

But I haven't gotten it yet. It's supposed to arrive on the 25th. We'll see.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Uh Oh. This doesn't sound good. I usually order an xs or small in like susan graver (when I did order) but I went by the Iman ts measurements and by those I should have ordered a medium so I did. So confusing. I hate returning things.

I always tell myself not to order clothes online.

But I haven't gotten it yet. It's supposed to arrive on the 25th. We'll see.

OP here. I feel your pain. I struggle with online ordering, as well, and try to avoid it. But I'm just not finding anything at my local stores that I like (and can afford), so just this week, I ordered from IMAN and also two or three things from Amazon. IMAN Will be here next week, an Amazon skirt will be here Monday, and a couple of Amazon tops are supposed to be here today. At least it's easy to return to Amazon, but I have never ordered clothing from Amazon before. This is just a huge experiment. LOL