Honored Contributor

Re: If you love Logo but not the prices...

I saw some similar to LOGO items at Kohl's a week or so ago and there was no comparison.  The lace was horrid - not nearly as beautiful nor unusual as Lori's lace layers (she often has two or three layers of it at the bottom of a garment).   I do think Lori's lace is pretty darn fantastic.   The body of the garment at Kohl's also felt very cheap to me, as if it wouldn't last through many washings.  I too thought "you get what you pay for" as I examined the LOGO-ish garment there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO and In general:  Some (maybe even many) cannot afford to always buy/order LOGO and other higher priced brands.  With gentle washing/drying care, it's perfectly alright to go ahead and wear similar styles at lower prices, if it's a 'look' that we feel good wearing.  p.s.: (I have a few LOGO tops, mostly the more 'plain' styles/choices and I don't over-layer them (vest, yes) ). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@beach ladydrb wrote:

it is different sizing, a medium in that line is an 8/10. so I ordered a large 12/14. It fits well. the fabric is the usual rayon spandex.

This is more b&m store sizing.  QVC is the only place I know that still has a size medium at a 10/12.  Even HSN and Evine redid their sizing years ago so a medium is an 8/10 to match most brick & mortor sizing.    

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

IMO and In general:  Some (maybe even many) cannot afford to always buy/order LOGO and other higher priced brands.  With gentle washing/drying care, it's perfectly alright to go ahead and wear similar styles at lower prices, if it's a 'look' that we feel good wearing. 

Some may be able to afford it but don't care to spend that kind of money on what they consider to be a trend/fad.  

I know this style has been around for years and years but it has never been as popular in the past as it is now as evidenced by the fact that it's everywhere from Walmart to boutiques to Neiman Marcus.  Eventually, it will have run its course like most things and I sure wouldn't want to be stuck with a closet full of this style that I paid $50.00+ per top for.

Super Contributor

I agree that this trend most likely will not last forever. That is why I started looking elsewhere for some less expensive alternatives. Her lace is very nice especially the layers she does, but the basic rayon spandex shirts can be gotten for a lower price point.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for tip.....Sorry Lori, like your clothing and concept, but PRICES getting way out of line.....afraid I will have to look elsewhereSmiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I checked out the tops at Kohls and the big differences for me were the quality of the garment and the length.  Everything at my local Kohls was so short that I could never wear them and look presentable.  Even though I would love to find something comparable at a lower price, I haven't been able to.  For those who can wear the shorter lengths, enjoy saving money (I wish I could).

Respected Contributor

Macy's has lots of this style in both petite and regular lengths. The quality is so much better and the pricing is very reasonable. they wash beautifully and don't look like rags afterwards.

So does Chico's and lots of the barnds you see in the department store have them. This style is hardly exclusive to logo.

Also, Zulily has been featuring many of this style...I can't speak for the quality though.

Frequent Contributor

Sounds great!  Thanks for the suggestion!

Frequent Contributor

I want to comment on a couple things.  First of all, THANKS for the tips on the Amazon brands.  I already ordered a couple.  This is the 3rd time I've gotten good leads on other sites and brands.  Second, I want to do a comment about customer service.  I posted on this forum about my bad experience with DressLilly - no customer service at all there! That's when someone recommended another site.  Also the brands on Amazon which I really like!  This is about Customer Service (or lack of).  I have to say I don't do a lot of shopping with QVC anymore, but over 20 years and only had one so-so experience with customer service - the rest were good or great.  DressLilly has to be one of the worst.  Having said that after purchasing the clothing on Amazon, I had to send them a question about my Kindle.  I received a call from Customer Service within 15 minutes! Amazing!  I think they are going to surpass Ebay and most of the other shopping sites with their superiority on prices and customer service.  I'm not always thrilled with what I order on Amazon, but their returns are easy, and they are very good to deal with.