Trusted Contributor

Re: If you liked SG's A351041

Darn, in the neon green they don't have a medium !

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL   They style is similar but they are not the same tops.  The fabric is entirely different so you I see no point in comparing apples to oranges.  The shoppers who like the SG top probably don't want any top in that style....they want the SG top which in Liquid Knit, they don't want modal.   

@chrystaltree  @Andreatoo 

Chrystaltree, you are absolutely correct. This is an apples to oranges  comparison. The top that Andrea posted looks current, cool and casual--suitable for picnic dinners at the beach. When I looked up Susan Graver's liquid knit top in a similar style, my mind went immediately to those shiney polyester shells women wore under their power suits in the 80s.

I would put my money on the Express top.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

LOL   They style is similar but they are not the same tops.  The fabric is entirely different so you I see no point in comparing apples to oranges.  The shoppers who like the SG top probably don't want any top in that style....they want the SG top which in Liquid Knit, they don't want modal.   

Chrystaltree, you are absolutely correct. This is an apples to oranges  comparison. The top that Andrea posted looks current, cool and casual--suitable for picnic dinners at the beach. When I looked up Susan Graver's liquid knit top in a similar style, my mind went immediately to those shiney polyester shells women wore under their power suits in the 80s.

@magicmoodz 

I love you😎

While I won't disparage Susan gravers quality, it's fine, people seem to confuse her pieces lasting forever with quality. It's just the nature of the Beast. Plastic does not degrade; natural fibers do

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

Wow! I guess they're going quick. When I looked last night the only sizes missing were the petites. I was just in the store returning a pair of pants that I ended up with two of by mistake but I couldn't find the shirts 🤨 the mall was crazy busy  especially the parking lot so my husband was waiting in the car. I want the lime and the berry

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@magicmoodz 

I love you😎

While I won't disparage Susan gravers quality, it's fine, people seem to confuse her pieces lasting forever with quality. It's just the nature of the Beast. Plastic does not degrade; natural fibers do

@Andreatoo 

Aw, back atcha, Andrea! 💚💚💚💚

Did you see the neon green in person? I can't decide if it is too much color for me, or more appropriately too neon. I have a pair of black and white check shorts and puchased a white top much like the J Crew tie back top, but a bright color top might be fun. Maybe hot pink?

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

I couldn't find it in the store and the husband was waiting in the car so I didn't really look very hard.

A beautiful blouse caught my eye on the way out but again I was out of time! LOL

0097_08653344_0003_f038.jpeg.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz 

I couldn't find it in the store and the husband was waiting in the car so I didn't really look very hard.

A beautiful blouse caught my eye on the way out but again I was out of time! LOL

0097_08653344_0003_f038.jpeg.jpg

@Andreatoo 

Thanks! Love this! I haven't shopped Express in forever, but maybe a visit is in order!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

I hadn't shopped with them in decades either but apparently they're back to their Old Glory!

I've shopped a few really nice things in the last year or two including a beautiful pair of trousers

20190613_094728.jpg

They're called the barely boot columnist and the fit is beautifuland they're wrinkle-resistant!