Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you know what a scoodie is, would you wear one due to cold weather?

Is that what they're called??  Huh.   I've had one for years, but never knew it had a name.  Yes, I wear it in cold weather.  More comfortable than a hat, and folds down to an eternity scarf.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Sounds very practical for the frigid northern temps.

I HATE for my ears and neck to be cold!!!

Respected Contributor

My Mom passed away 39 years ago....and she had one!  I actually kept it, and wore it for years until it started getting fuzzy and worn looking.  I actually would like another!   My daughter-in-law is a talented crocheter.  I think I will ask her to make me one for next Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Sort of related, for the cold weather ladies.  Have you seen these from Athleta?

Flurry Balaclava Rib Mix Solid

Flurry Balaclava Rib Mix Solid

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I have one of those and didn't even know it.  My daughter bought me two and I wore one of them when I had my cataract surgery because it was freezing and I wanted to keep the area of my head and near my eye warm coming from surgery.  That's the only time I have worn it.  Some things are scratchy near my face.  She wears them.

It might be, for her, a fashion thing.  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

I never think of my head as being particularly small, but anytime I put up the hood on a coat it is huge....covers the sides of my eyes like blinders!  A scoodie would be more adjustable.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

I think manufacturers overcompensate to fit everyone. the fabrication makes a difference too. How about when you turn your head but the hood stays in place so you're looking at the inside of your hood?! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@alicedee 

I think manufacturers overcompensate to fit everyone. the fabrication makes a difference too. How about when you turn your head but the hood stays in place so you're looking at the inside of your hood?! LOL

Yes!!!  I always thought it was just me lol!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to google this, did not know the name. yes I would wear it, but not the Athleta one that was posted which would ruin hair and makeup.  Maybe it is for working out?  I still wouldn't do that to my hair.  I have hoodies attached to scarfs, I just never have them when I need them.  A scoodie seems like a better idea, because one could wear as a scarf, and just move the hood in place as needed.  I would like a loose fitting one like this one I saw in Etsy.  A crochet one I am sure would be nice!

292FD0F9-ED59-49B3-A998-3F88E9864CFE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

I live in Florida and would never have use for one of those. Or either one separately! Lol

If I lived up north I would like them. I might have owned one when I did live up north.